• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sample Blog

Share/Bookmark

Sample Blog

Just sampled the first pickup combination on the Hohner D6. What a monster!!!!
    Had to remove the preamp and put it in a shield copper box to get rid of the hum and noise....
    I can tell you that it's not easy getting 16 velocity layer out of this one, but it CAN be done!
    More to come......
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Re: Sample Blog

Worra,

Best to use:

www.myspace.com (www.myspace.com/alanlastufka)
    www.blogspot.com or
    www.livejournal.com

I have accounts at all three of those places - best part is they have RSS (Real Simple Syndication) support (minus myspace) so those that are really really wanting to know first can subscribe to your newsfeed.

And they called the 90's the "information" age - Ha!

(can't wait to hear some of that Hohner!)
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Just sampled the first pickup combination on the Hohner D6. What a monster!!!!
    Had to remove the preamp and put it in a shield copper box to get rid of the hum and noise....
    I can tell you that it's not easy getting 16 velocity layer out of this one, but it CAN be done!
    More to come......
    I can relate. I once built a preamp for a C Clav. Still have it around here somewhere. Used it more for left hand bass and to simulate acoustic guitar sounds than actual clav.

Will you be able to get the random attack pitch variations? I remember that the pitch wasn't static. Every time you struck a note it had a tiny random pitch bend in the attack. I notice it's absence in the various demo's I have listened to.

Only 16 layers? You're slipping ...

Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    Are you using the power supply? If so, I've always found that the Clavinet sounds cleaner using a 9 volt battery.

To really cover the Clavinet, it would take an enormous number of sample sets. Not only do you have different pick-up and tone combinations, there's also the fact that the mute slider has an infinite number of settings.

Lee Blaske
    This may be a case where modeling does a better job than pure sampling. Emagic did a great job with their EVD6. I use it all the time and in a mix it is really convincing. And I owned and played a Clavinet C in a top 40 band 5 nights a week years ago.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Go Back to forum