• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's new in 3.12?

Share/Bookmark

Question What's new in 3.12?

Anyone want to give us a report on this?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: What's new in 3.12?

Bunch of stuff, mostly under the hood. Those crashes that were happening with performance saves should be under control. Lots of stuff for designers, ways of invoking behaviors that work with solo instruments, etc. There should be a readme, I think.

Apparently, crashes for those who were spared from the plague of 3.1

Jeez.

Belbin

I was doing great until 3.1...maybe this one will fix mine.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

I just had a short, but successful session. I honestly don't think my crash was giga....in fact I crashed during the download of the pdf....this points to bigger problems.
    I haven't seen any real difference yet, but here's prayin'!

Belbin

Changes in 3.12 (Version 3.11 intentionally skipped)

EG2 - (Filter envelope) Modulation of Dynamic Emphasis Filter
    It is now possible to modulate the DEF with the EG2 (filter envelope), which is always additive to the assigned controller for the DEF. The normal multimode filters DO NOT have to be running - i.e. you can have DEF without LP/HP/BP/BR enabled. EG2 values below 50% are effectively subtracted from the ruuning CC value, and EG2 values above 50% are effectively added to the running CC value. The result of the addition is saturated - i.e. the effective value still is always within the standard range of the Continuous Controller
    • Example: if the EG2 is at it's peak (100%) value, there is no more positive modulation possible - if the CC value is pushed up it will not do anything under this 'saturated' situation, however moving downward in this case will bring the maxed-out value back down.
    To enable this in your DEF enabled, 24bit instrument, set the Global DEF filter profile, 'Parameter15' to "1" as follows, then replace the Dynamic Expression filter profile (.ini file) in the Instrument Editor (iMIDI Rule=Dynamic Expression):
    Parameter15=1 // (0-1) DEF enable EG2 modulation of DEF
    (in addition to external controller)
    Channel AfterTouch as control source for DEF
    Channel Aftertouch can now be used as a control source for the Dynamic
    Expression Filter.
    To enable this in your DEF enabled, 24bit instrument, set the Global DEF filter profile, 'Parameter12' to "125" as follows, then replace the Dynamic Expression filter profile (.ini file) in the Instrument Editor (iMIDI Rule=Dynamic Expression):
    Parameter12=125 // (1-119, 123,125)
    DEF assigned CCsource(1-119, 123=MAUTO_PITCHWHEEL, 125=Chan. Aftertouch)
    Since Aftertouch cannot be nominal 'center' (it always starts at zero), you can optionally set a nominal offset value which is added to the incoming Aftertouch value and level saturated as follows:
    Parameter16=64 // (0-64) (24bit INST: Param12=125 ONLY)
    DEF aftertouch nominal offset value

Maintenance Items

• The QuickSound search entry box now defaults to <.gig or .gsi> so all loadable instruments will appear immediately without the need to type something.
    o “Restore to last search on startup” in the QuickSound tab of GigaStudio Settings window is now defaulted to ON.
    • Stacked/Keyswitch instruments now show a dot on the key in the keyboard pane representing the currently selected instrument within the stack. This matches the behavior of keyswitched .gig instruments.
    • Previously, release triggers would not work on keyswitched stack instruments when keyswitches occurred during a sustain. This has been fixed.
    • Previously, release triggers from unplayed instruments on a keyswitched stack could be incorrectly triggered. This has been fixed.
    • Previously, if a stack was built from already loaded instruments that had been built onto a stack, and the order of the new stack was different from the original stack, the instruments would be loaded in the wrong order. This has been fixed.
    • Previously if an iMIDI PRF profile was attached to a single member of a stacked instrument instead of assigning and saving that profile in the GS Editor, the Portamento time defaulted to 64 on load instead of loading with the default value specified in the PRF. This has been fixed.
    • Previously when copying an instrument from a gig file, then closing that source file, then creating a new file and pasting, all of the regions could become labeled as "Bad Index" and none of the actual sample folders are copied to the new file. If this file was saved with bad indices the Editor could crash. This has been fixed.
    • DSP Station input settings were not previously being saved with the project. This has been fixed.
    • Previously, instruments linked on multiple ports with release triggers would sometimes have their releases terminated prematurely. This has been fixed.

Thanks, bill...still can't download w/o crashing. Anyone else experience this?
    I shouldn't have to, but I can't get my scrap computer for internet working....It screws up when I configure the two for networking. Maybe that's the source of my trouble on this box.

Belbin

Go Back to forum