• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006 Installation with GPO already installed?

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006 Installation with GPO already installed?

My Finale 2006 for Windows upgrade just came today. I have a question regarding installing it, if GPO is already installed on the computer.

I recently bought GPO and installed it, as part of the group buy. In installing Finale 2006, it probably would be best to avoid duplication and unnecessary use of disk space, and avoid installing the same libraries, the same programs again-Kontakt Player, GPO Studio, etc.

However, I would still want the integration of GPO into Finale that comes with Finale 2006. I am concerned that if in the installation process I choose not to install GPO, the integration of my separately bought GPO with Finale might be lacking. Anyone have any insight into this? If one already has GPO installed, before upgrading Finale to 2006, how does one avoid unnecessary duplication (of GPO) in installating Finale 2006, while keeping the integration of Finale and GPO?

Thank you for your input.

Re: Finale 2006 Installation with GPO already installed?

maiki,

If you update GPO to the latest version it will work the same as the Finale upgrade version. Both are Finale 2006 enabled and are identical.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    maiki,

If you update GPO to the latest version it will work the same as the Finale upgrade version. Both are Finale 2006 enabled and are identical.

Gary Garritan
    Thank you for answering my question, Gary. (Great to ask a question about a software program, and have the developer of said program answer you directly!)

Do you mean, that in installing Finale 2006, I should not install (if one has the choice) any of the GPO stuff? That, with the latest GPO version installed, the same integration will be there, Finale will recognize it, etc.?

How recent is the latest update? (I upgraded about a month ago, I think.) Wise to install the GPO update before the Finale upgrade, or after it, or no difference?

Thanks again.

You don't need to install GPO Finale Edition, since it is (almost) a subset of GPO Full. Once you have installed F06, run the GPO v1.1.8.3 (17MB) updater again and you're done. The updater will give you the "9. Notation" folder, which you should use with F06 (legato on CC#68 and Unified KeySwitches).

Go Back to forum