• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem Using GPO and Sibelius 4 for inputing notes

Share/Bookmark

Question Problem Using GPO and Sibelius 4 for inputing notes

Hi to all,

I am just setting up Sibelius and GPO to work together.
    I did experiment with Flexi-time input but this problem I have is also occuring when I simply input notes in the normal way in Sibelius.

I tried writing some music for solo Flute and although this is a monophonic instrument, if I press either by mistake or on porpuse two or more notes at the same time, Sibelius will write them and when playing back with GPO, I only hear one note.
    The point I am making here is if there is a way to tell Sibelius to only allow to input one note at a time.

Many thanks for all the help...

All the Best

Maximvs

Re: Problem Using GPO and Sibelius 4 for inputing notes

Quote Originally Posted by Maximvs
    Hi to all,

I am just setting up Sibelius and GPO to work together.
    I did experiment with Flexi-time input but this problem I have is also occuring when I simply input notes in the normal way in Sibelius.

I tried writing some music for solo Flute and although this is a monophonic instrument, if I press either by mistake or on porpuse two or more notes at the same time, Sibelius will write them and when playing back with GPO, I only hear one note.
    The point I am making here is if there is a way to tell Sibelius to only allow to input one note at a time.

Many thanks for all the help...

All the Best

Maximvs
    Maximus,

I don't think you can limit the number of notes that will appear on the staff - if you play two notes, two notes will appear. This is an input issue, and Sibelius has no way of knowing that you only want one sound. And you are correct, for the solo flute, you can have only one note at a time.

You can, in Sibelius, set Flexi-time to put everything in one voice - so the part doesn't look polyphonic , with independent parts. However, if you hit an E and a G at the same time, you'll get a minor third.

Does that help. or did I misunderstand your question?

R. Pearl

Wink Re: Problem Using GPO and Sibelius 4 for inputing notes

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Maximus,

I don't think you can limit the number of notes that will appear on the staff - if you play two notes, two notes will appear. This is an input issue, and Sibelius has no way of knowing that you only want one sound. And you are correct, for the solo flute, you can have only one note at a time.

You can, in Sibelius, set Flexi-time to put everything in one voice - so the part doesn't look polyphonic , with independent parts. However, if you hit an E and a G at the same time, you'll get a minor third.

Does that help. or did I misunderstand your question?

R. Pearl
    Hi R Pearl

Thank you for your kind reply.
    You have understood the question correctly...

In the main time I have also posted this same issue on Sibelius Help Center and Daniel at technical help wrote me back saying that, like you said, there is no way to tell Sibelius that I am inputing a monophonic instrument and two notes on the same stave will be correct for instance for two flutes.

I did write back and ask to consider implementing in Sibelius a feature that can tell Sibelius about monophonic instrument to solve this issue, they are certainly considering this for a future update...

Take care

Maximvs

Go Back to forum