• Register
  • Help

Topic: refer DAW (giga) builder - Please

Share/Bookmark

refer DAW (giga) builder - Please

Hi there,

I am needing to find the most cost effective solution (aside from building it myself ) for a 3rd giga PC.

This PC will ONLY run giga (goal is load up as much as 2 gig ram will allow).

Can anyone recommend a DAW builder that is competitive, professional service. Many thanks in advance.

Edit: (possibly looking to use FX teleport to eliminate buying another gina 24 soundcard if possible - working for any of you heavy users?)

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: refer DAW (giga) builder - Please

Rob,
    Check out this site and talk to Mike Cressey ....He's very reasonable and does not buy cutting edge ( expensive ) CPU's and such, but he's well aware of what's out there, and goes for the " bang for the buck " CPU's that are still plenty fast , and he uses Asus motherboards and good quality memory ....Actually good quality everything for a great price ...Tell him I sent you ..
    Sincerely, Jim

www.MusicIsLove.com is the address ....You'll see a Computer section listed ....Good Luck...Jim

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    Rob,
    Check out this site and talk to Mike Cressey ....He's very reasonable and does not buy cutting edge ( expensive ) CPU's and such, but he's well aware of what's out there, and goes for the " bang for the buck " CPU's that are still plenty fast , and he uses Asus motherboards and good quality memory ....Actually good quality everything for a great price ...Tell him I sent you ..
    Sincerely, Jim

www.MusicIsLove.com is the address ....You'll see a Computer section listed ....Good Luck...Jim

Hey Jim, thanks alot but I went with my original builder. He put together a nice 3.4 hz / 2.0 ram XPC system - works great for giga (was $1695 with wavecenter sound.) So far so good.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Rob,
    Good Luck with it .....I'm partial to the mid size case ....Those smaller cases just look like they would have a tendency to overheat ....I also load up with 4 HD's in each computer ....I can run 4 - SATA''s using the Asus motherboard,without the need to slow things down with external computers..
    Plenty of ventilation also .... I will more than likely go with a 3.4 also.....Jim

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    Rob,
    Good Luck with it .....I'm partial to the mid size case ....Those smaller cases just look like they would have a tendency to overheat ....I also load up with 4 HD's in each computer ....I can run 4 - SATA''s using the Asus motherboard,without the need to slow things down with external computers..
    Plenty of ventilation also .... I will more than likely go with a 3.4 also.....Jim

Two of my other machines are 3.0 and one is 2.8 - it is amazing how much faster this 3.4 is - wasn't really expecting that kind of difference.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Here i am am

But you live in USA i guess.
    Digital AudionetworX

Go Back to forum