• Register
  • Help

Topic: RME Users?

Share/Bookmark

RME Users?

I need help.

I have two soundcards: an RME 9632 and a Delta 1010.
    Is it possible to configure the two to use in one computer?

Thanks,

Jim

Re: RME Users?

how do you want to use them?

Pretty sure both cards are multi-client in that you can use 2 Delta's or 2 RMEs, not sure about different brands though, multi-client cards have drivers written for their own hardware. Two different types will probably clash.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaibulu
    how do you want to use them?

So far I have been able to use one or the other but not concurrently. I simply want to use them for for what they're designed for: ins and outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Pretty sure both cards are multi-client in that you can use 2 Delta's or 2 RMEs, not sure about different brands though, multi-client cards have drivers written for their own hardware. Two different types will probably clash.

I agree, I believe you can only use one or the other. The only other way would be if you patch the I/O's

I know that with my Fireface I can use more than 1. But as far as I know I cannot use my Delta simtaneously with my RME under the applications I use.

Quote Originally Posted by runamuck
    I need help.
    I have two soundcards: an RME 9632 and a Delta 1010.
    Is it possible to configure the two to use in one computer?
    Yes, and no. You can physically synch up the units using either wordclock or SPDIF. However, the ASIO spec only allows a single vebdor's device to be used at one time -- if you happened to have 2 1010's you could use them both (I used 2 1010's for a while), or perhaps if you had 2 9632's. Depends on how the vendor wrote the drivers. What you definately can't do is run two different vendors under ASIO simultaneously. You can run two different vendors under WDM/KS (such as SONAR), DirectX, MME, etc. Most software doesn't support WDM/KS, and with the latter two you'll have latency issues (e.g., 25ms with DirectX).

- Keith

Thanks everyone

It's probably a useless advice, but you could try to sync both cards through S/PDIF and mess with ASIO4ALL: hopefully your host application could take advantage of that driver.

Cheers,

ck

Go Back to forum