• Register
  • Help

Topic: Use Recycle's "Stretch" when slicing for RMX?

Share/Bookmark

Question Use Recycle's "Stretch" when slicing for RMX?

Okay, say I've opened a drum loop in Recycle and sliced it wonderfully. (Don't we always? -- ha)...

Now, my question is, when I save it as a REX file (to be imported into RMX), should I use the "stretch" function in Recycle? Does it affect the way RMX sees or plays back the file at all?!?

I mean, if I KNOW I'm gonna try slowing it a LOT, does it HELP? And conversely, if I'm NOT gonna slow it much, does it HURT?

THANKS

Re: Use Recycle's "Stretch" when slicing for RMX?

I think Eric had suggested elsewhere, use the stretch to 100 unless you hear glitches..

after I slice up in recycle, I take it through varying tempi changes in recycle itself before I close that file, and adjsut the stretch to suit.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

good question. I have thought about this as well. I have heard that using the stretch and not changing the export tempo won't really do anything if you slow it up drastically in rmx. My question would be, if you slowed the speed down 'prior' to exporting would that give you a little extra leeway in rmx for more drastic tempo changes. In effect... change all your 100 bpm beats to 80 (assuming that they still sounded good in recycle). The individual slices would then have the extra tail we need? Awaiting master Erics response :-) Still my favorite piece of software in the last coupla years man. Waiting with bated breathe for the new convertor and update. :-)

christianb

Eric answered the thread I started asking the same question several months ago.

See it here

But in short, zvenx's answer was the one Eric gave me.

WHEW!!!

About six months of Recycling SAFE... I've been saving all these files at 100% stretch, but wasn't sure it mattered.

Thanks...

Go Back to forum