• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hymn for the dead

Share/Bookmark

Cool Hymn for the dead

Hi all, it has been a quite long time since I posted a new original piece here - so I decided to compose short and quite emotional piece today. I also promised my friend, Worra, to create a little demo of his newly released recorder sample library. So I used two of the recorders (Alt & Bass) as the solo instruments.

Listen! (2mb)

Also, this is the first piece I have written using Overture4. I love how things are integrated into Overture4, great job Geniesoft!

Comments etc. are appreciated.

Edit: forgot to post the instrumentation. It's 2 recorders, 2 french horns, string orchestra (with mutes).
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Hymn for the dead

very nice Falcon!!!

Dan

I like this.

I enjoy (if that this the right word) melancholy music.

Although I am very hesitant about offering any suggestions/comments - it is after all your music - I felt that perhaps it was a little rushed. If I was to work on this piece, I would take the tempo down, but then I do like very contemplative works .
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Smile Re: Hymn for the dead

Thanks Dan!

Richard, you're absolutely correct - it could be played more slowly. But it just depends on the mood you're in. Maybe I'll do a little slower rendition just for you, if you like.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Falcon, I too agree with Richard,, he is right on!

Dan

Thumbs up Re: Hymn for the dead

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    Hi all, it has been a quite long time since I posted a new original piece here - so I decided to compose short and quite emotional piece today. I also promised my friend, Worra, to create a little demo of his newly released recorder sample library. So I used two of the recorders (Alt & Bass) as the solo instruments.
    Listen! (2mb)
    Also, this is the first piece I have written using Overture4. I love how things are integrated into Overture4, great job Geniesoft!
    Comments etc. are appreciated.
    Edit: forgot to post the instrumentation. It's 2 recorders, 2 french horns, string orchestra (with mutes).
    nice piece of music!!
    I enjoy it very much!
    I can see this theme in an opening track for a Passion!! what do you think?
    Anyway if you only slow down the tempo, a little bit, and you develop it, this will be surely a great piece.
    Only my congratulation falcon1.
    Best regards to you,
    Roberto

Thumbs up Re: Hymn for the dead

falc 'ol buddy 'ol doh dio doh!
    I concur the tempo may be more appropriate if slowed down a bit. However, I can only dream of writing as well as this so what do I know.
    Beach is a very passionate writer and you've just joined the ranks! In my experience it is the hardest emotion in music, literature, and poetry to portray. You have done well my friend ... very well.
    This I must keep in my collection.
    Styxx

Very nice!

I liked this, interesting chord progression

As for the tempo, I think it's fine on its own,... but perhaps a touch fast for a death hymn.

Nice!

Stefan!

WOW! This was beautiful and chilling. I agree with the tempo comments, but musically, you have really done a great job!
    The recorders are sweet. Tell your friend Worra that they are great.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Great piece!!!

Personally Ithink the tempo of the piece is fine but Ii know everyone has there own preferences.

I dont think theres much to say but bravo on such a beautiful piece

Regards Chris

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast