• Register
  • Help

Topic: Choral / vocal samples from Garritan?

Share/Bookmark

Choral / vocal samples from Garritan?

I'm very much enjoying GPO, but feel the lack of choral / vocal samples. I did a google and found rumors of such developments going back as far as 2003, but nothing real since.
    I'm intrigued by the East/West Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs set, but it is rather beyond my budget. (I do think the ability to shape the formants to produce real words rather than simple oohs and aahs may make it worthwhile.)
    But before I plunk down considerable cash for this resoure, I wonder if either Garritan does have plans for anything similar in the near (or far) future, or if there are other products out there with which folks have experience.
    At this point even an add-on from Garritan of the standard "oohs and aahs and mmms" would be a beginning...
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Choral / vocal samples from Garritan?

Quote Originally Posted by jintoku
    I'm very much enjoying GPO, but feel the lack of choral / vocal samples. I did a google and found rumors of such developments going back as far as 2003, but nothing real since.
    I'm intrigued by the East/West Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs set, but it is rather beyond my budget. (I do think the ability to shape the formants to produce real words rather than simple oohs and aahs may make it worthwhile.)
    But before I plunk down considerable cash for this resoure, I wonder if either Garritan does have plans for anything similar in the near (or far) future, or if there are other products out there with which folks have experience.
    At this point even an add-on from Garritan of the standard "oohs and aahs and mmms" would be a beginning...
    Thanks
    Hi and welcome to the wacky world of Garritan! Yeah, there was talk but it's on a back burner I guess with JABB being so involved.
    Have you looked into Bela D Media, Giovanni and Diva? Do a search and you should come up with some info. I highly recommend Bela D Media's products not only due to the high quality but also for the price!
    Hope this helps you out!
    Styxx

Re: Choral / vocal samples from Garritan?

Styxx

Maybe a few "oohs" & "ahhs" could be part of GPOA if we're lucky.

JT

Now if we could just talk Frank at BelaD into creating sets called "Basso Profundo", "Tenor Italiano" "Contra Tenor" and "Castratti" (Electronically processed of course) before he does the Barbershop Quartette package he secretly desires .......

I am still using VOTA for texture -- and have heard a few problems on running the EW efficiently on Logic 7.1 on iMac with only 2 gig ram.

The etherial qualities of Diva and hopefully some day Giovanni, should keep me satisfied for some time to come. I am fortunate to be able to get to AudioGroupLtd.com 's studio to try Giovanni where I have heard a little -- but need to schedule time to "play" with it.......

Recent setbacks have precluded me from buying a copy at present --- and there is no way I want anyone to bootleg or disturb the sale of BelaD's products. They are working hard to stay in the league of Stadivarius producers of samples. And keeping up with GG in that regard must be hard....but they have done it for me.

do a little research before investing in the ew symphonic choirs --- the sopranos and basses have enormous gaps in the completely normal part of their range.

Has me bitterly surprised and disappointed. Garritan, please do a choir!

The lack of a choir in GPO has been a major problem for me too. I love GPO, but I need choral samples to work in Sibelius. I'd rather see that one addition than Big Band or GPOA (although I'm all for both).

yes, indeed

*anxiously awaits for choir/vocal plug in*

Go Back to forum