• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Synful solo - cello , viola , double bass , flute , clarinete , oboe and trombone!!!

Share/Bookmark

Synful solo - cello , viola , double bass , flute , clarinete , oboe and trombone!!!

Hi friends , this is a quote from another forum ,

I´ve finally got some spare time to improve the Synful ability , than I decided to make some short solo demos...I didn´t spend much time doing them, I just played the phrases and chaged some main volumes , tempo track and pitch...so , please keep in mind that it can sound much more expressive...
    ...comments are welcome...
    www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/cello.mp3
    www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/viola.mp3
    www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/flauta.mp3
    www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/oboe.mp3

EDIT

here are more solo demos - double bass , clarinete and trombone
    www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/double_bass.mp3 (updated)
    www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/clarinete.mp3
    www.pacificocean.com.br/musicas/trombone.mp3
    Leo
    Leandro Gardini - classical/orchestral composer

Pacific Ocean - http://www.pacificocean.com.br

Re: Synful solo - cello , viola , double bass , flute , clarinete , oboe and trombone!!!

I think this product is inaptly named...I think it should be called Synful Solo Orchestral Collection since this is really its true strength. People download the demo expecting it to sound like QLSO or VSL and it simply doesn't. So the majority get frustrated, and quickly decide not to continue using it

Next to Sonic Implants products, this could probably be one of the most brilliant yet poorest marketed product in the history of virtual/sample instruments.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: Synful solo - cello , viola , double bass , flute , clarinete , oboe and trombone!!!

Leo --

Thank you for those. Amazing.

Some questions -- how did you set your expressives up on controllers and how much is real time control vs. what us step people can do?

Thanks - GC

Leo, those are phenomenal.

Have there been improvements made to the viola and double bass? The last time I used it, it was kind of eh. But in these demos is shines.

What reverb is that, just curious?

If I had an 8th of that skill I'd be doing much better right now. And you're right, the product is much better than its exposure indicates.

Impressive... those flute runs are uncanny.

The heavy portamento on the oboe is pretty unlikely, although it's POSSIBLE, no oboe player would do that on the lower notes. Otherwise, I'm more impressed with Synful the more I hear it.

I'm also curious about the reverb... it really complimented the instruments.

Is there a way to vary the note attacks with Synful? On all the demos I've heard, there is a bit of machine gun on repeated attacks.

Edit: my buddy, a clarinettist, was just here, and I cued up the clarinet demo. He thought it was real and was shocked when I told him otherwise.

As one who expressed some misgivings about the first batch of demos, I have to say this is vastly improved. I agree that the clarinet is amazing, and the strings incredibly detailed in realism.

I still don't like the trombone as much (I seem to remember it was the brass that was weakest before). Not sure why, the sustains just sound a bit synthy and odd, almost like there's some ind of phasing problem or something.

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    I think this product is inaptly named...I think it should be called Synful Solo Orchestral Collection since this is really its true strength. People download the demo expecting it to sound like QLSO or VSL and it simply doesn't. So the majority get frustrated, and quickly decide not to continue using it

Next to Sonic Implants products, this could probably be one of the most brilliant yet poorest marketed product in the history of virtual/sample instruments.
    The ensembles builter are going to be implemented by the end of this year...the good thing is that you are going to have total control over the size of it , thing that have been impossible with sample libraries!!!
    Synful does not sound as QLSO or VSL...it sounds better...you have a sound quality as good as the main libraries plus more realism and expressiveniss!!!
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by chmara
    Leo --

Thank you for those. Amazing.

Some questions -- how did you set your expressives up on controllers and how much is real time control vs. what us step people can do?

Thanks - GC
    Chmara , as I´ve already told you , I just changed some main volume (the midi one) , pitch for the strings , and tempo track...but the main secret of Synful is on the main volume , it´s what gives life to the musical phrase!!!
    Leo

Joseph , as far as I know all the Synful updates were related to fixing bugs and some new features not related to the sound or realism of it...
    ...I´ve been using it for some months and didn´t notice any change of the timbre in any instrument...believe me the double bass and all the rest sound great , maybe you should spend some more time with it in order to see its wonderful sound quality!!!
    All my Synful demos I used the Lexicon PCM91 orchestral!!!

Jimi , that really good to know that a real player thougth it was a real clarinete...so , that mean Synful really sounds like the real thing as timbre and performance!!!
    Regarding the attack you can control it using the main volume...actually Synful does not have problems with repetition , as it is extremely sensitive to any midi change it will always sounds diferents if you play small variation on the velocities!!!
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch that hurts
    As one who expressed some misgivings about the first batch of demos, I have to say this is vastly improved. I agree that the clarinet is amazing, and the strings incredibly detailed in realism.

I still don't like the trombone as much (I seem to remember it was the brass that was weakest before). Not sure why, the sustains just sound a bit synthy and odd, almost like there's some ind of phasing problem or something.
    Eric I aware about the improvement that must be done...I agree that the brass sometimes does not sound as strong as it could be , like when you need some FF stacatos...but all of these are going to be improved!!!
    I wouldn´t say anything bad about the brass now because I like it a lot , mainly the trumpet...but as the FF are going to be improved I´l be posting more demos when I can...I´m sure you´l all be impressed by the bass in a near future!!!
    Leo

Go Back to forum