• Register
  • Help

Topic: Off-Line Computer and GPO Upgrades

Share/Bookmark

Off-Line Computer and GPO Upgrades

The computer on which I have GPO is off-line. I'm keeping that machine clean of all internet exposure. Hundreds of gigas all for music projects only.

Registering GPO wasn't difficult. Following the clear instructions, I did C&Ps of the needed codes, going back and forth between my music computer (with GPO) and another computer I have online.

When I tried to upgrade to the new version of Kontact, as per the links on the GPO site, I needed, of course, to download the upgrade on the internet machine and then carry the files over to the off-line computer, via a UBS memory stick.

I'm guessing that not being able to upgrade directly from the machine where GPO resides caused problems in the upgrade.

I now have an updated stand alone Kontact player---exactly as described in the upgrade literature. The data slider is there, the direct-from-disc option is there, up and down arrows on the Load button etc. Good.

But the Kontact players which load with the GPO Studio aren't the upgraded versions. They are exactly the same as before the upgrade.

I wouldn't be overly concerned, except that due to the limitations of my system (I'm using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9)--I'm unable to use the stand-alone Kontact player--I MUst use the GPO Studio.

Does someone have advice of how I can successfully upgrade in my situation, with GPO on an off-line computer?

rbowser

Re: Off-Line Computer and GPO Upgrades

rbowser,

Check in your VST plugins folder and see if there are two versions of PersonalOrchestraVST.dll. It seems that GPO Studio is referencing the old version and needs to be replaced with the updated version.

Gary Garritan

Re: Off-Line Computer and GPO Upgrades-THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Check in your VST plugins folder and see if there are two versions of PersonalOrchestraVST.dll. It seems that GPO Studio is referencing the old version and needs to be replaced with the updated version.
    Gary Garritan
    That was it! Somehow, the VST .dll didn't find its way into that folder the first time I put in the Kontact upgrade. Re-loaded and was careful to point the installer to the correct folder---had to choose it that way, for some reason. And it worked. Now I have access to the current Kontact through Studio, and I'm relieved.

So super for you to help me out, Mr. G. Your program is simply outstanding, as is your personal concern for the musicians using it.

rbowser

Go Back to forum