• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Player sound folders question

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Player sound folders question

Hi to all out there,

I am a new user of GPO and would like to ask something about the instrument folders in the new version of Kontakt.
    I have installed all the updates and going through the GPO update PDF information and noticed that when I go to load any instrument from the LOAD section, I have as normal the Dry, Wet and Multis folders but also above this all the orchestral cathegories, is this normal or it should not look like this?

I also want to instal the X-Costom folder for future use and would like to ask how to do it.

Many thanks to all

Best Regards and great writing...

Max

Re: Kontakt Player sound folders question

The latest version has changed the menu a bit. Yes, you still see wet and dry folders, but the instrument categories are basically drawn from the dry folder. This was done to discourage people from "accidentally" loading instruments from the wet folder, which use up more computer resources. Also, it eliminates at least one click from the instrument loading process.

I don't use X instruments so someone else will have to answer that for you.

The instrument folders at the top are the new ones. The Dry, Wet (or Wet Audition), and Multis folders are the old ones. You may choose to keep the older folders or delete them; it's up to you. The latest features are only in the new instrument folders at the top and all of the new folders are the dry versions. The Wet folders have been eliminated from now on. The Multis folder will be updated in the future to reflect the current changes to the individual instruments.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    The instrument folders at the top are the new ones. The Dry, Wet (or Wet Audition), and Multis folders are the old ones. You may choose to keep the older folders or delete them; it's up to you. The latest features are only in the new instrument folders at the top and all of the new folders are the dry versions. The Wet folders have been eliminated from now on. The Multis folder will be updated in the future to reflect the current changes to the individual instruments.

Tom

Hi Tom

Thank you very much for this explaination all clear now.

Take care

Max

Go Back to forum