• Register
  • Help

Topic: using a keyboard with standalone

Share/Bookmark

using a keyboard with standalone

hi.
    i'm using gpo with a midi keyboard and when i press keys on the keyboard, i see the kontakt keys pressing down in the picutre, but hear no sound. i get sound when i click on the keyboard picture, and i do when i use my "virtual midi keyboard" (which uses the typing keyboard), but i don't get any sound when using a real midi keyboard plugged into sound blaster live midi gameport.

any know? it works in cubase when running as vsti but there is a lag with that.

Re: using a keyboard with standalone

Hello!

Perhaps this can help:

Be sure of that your keyboard is set to the the same channel as in the standalone. Or vice versa.

If your instrument in the the standalone is set to channel one you must use/play channel one on your keyboard.

Thomas
    "Every journey, even one of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

Aquarius, as far as i know my keyboard is set to channel 1. it's a kawai spectra and there is no option to specify a channel but the lcd display says "111" (though could mean patch).

how do i find out. is there a program that will tell me what channel my midi keyboard is outputting?
    i have cakewalk pro audio, cakewalk sonar 4, cubase sx 2, reason/fruityloops, would any of these programs tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by FireRaven
    how do i find out. is there a program that will tell me what channel my midi keyboard is outputting?
    i have cakewalk pro audio, cakewalk sonar 4, cubase sx 2, reason/fruityloops, would any of these programs tell me?
    SONAR will tell you; record something into a MIDI track, then open the Event List view for that track. The column labeled "Ch" will indicate the MIDI channel which generated the events.
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

ok so it turns out it was channel 5.
    cheers!

Go Back to forum