• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB - saxophone squeaks

Share/Bookmark

JABB - saxophone squeaks

"It would be nice" - if there were just a handfull of sax squeaks (the unintentional ones, not the intended harmonics/false notes) available in JABB to make sax solos just that bit more realistic.

Any chance, Tom/Gary?

Doncha love people making requests just a few weeks before you start shipping?
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: JABB - saxophone squeaks

I can only respond thusly:

Do you remember the Eagle Cry? The one that on EVERY television show in America, whenever they showed an eagle, they used they SAME @#$% sample. I'm sure you've seen it, even in the UK, there must have been some producers using it.

Why? Because Hollywood Edge gave out free demo CDs to stimulate interest in their products, and that Eagle Cry was on it!

Now a sax squeak is as distinctive as the player, and if gary puts one in the lib, everyone and his or her brother will be using it to death. It will become as recognisable as the Eagle Cry...

Buy a funky, old, rusty sax from a pawn shop or garage sale, and record yourself squeaking through the horn. If you play sax, do what you want. If you don't (and I assume you don't or you wouldn't need sax parts...) then play short little squeaks and squeals, simply by trying to play the horn. Now you've got your own personal library of sax squeaks, and if it ever gets stale, you can just make some more (as long as you don't try to practice and get better in the meanwhile...)
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Point taken - as it happens I do have a sax in the house that I don't know how to play, so your solution is possible.

I'll go and get squealing.

Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

I have a whole classroom full of squeaky saxes. Shall I send them over?
    Styxx

Go Back to forum