• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ensemble to Orchestra upgrade bugs, problems

Share/Bookmark

Ensemble to Orchestra upgrade bugs, problems

New to the forum. Nice to see some folks from the Gearslutz forum over here as well.

Here is my situation.

I have had a fairly stable Giga Ensemble 3.1 setup. I would have an occasional crash, but certainly nothing frequent. Recently I bought the upgrade to o|Orchestra directly from Tascam. I loaded it, fine no problems, other than it would not completely load my performance files. That is, it will load the instruments, but not the mixer setup. A pop up informs me that the performance files are not compatible with the Gigastudio version I am running.

When I checked the version of Orchestra sent from Tascam, it was 3.0, so I thought that 3.1 downloaded from Tascam web site may solve the problem. I installed the 3.1 update and immediately went into a circuitous registation hell. The software requests continual reregistration.

I am mid project so I just uninstalled Orchestra 3.1, wiped it all clean and went back to Ensemble (had to call for a registration key when I did) and everything is OK again. I emailed the problem to support about a week ago with no response.

Wondered if anyone had the same experience and a possible solution. I'm OK with Ensemble but it would be nice to be using the extra features in Orchestra on this project (reverb, etc)

Thanks,

Santo

Re: Ensemble to Orchestra upgrade bugs, problems

First, you should never, ever attempt any software install midproject.
    Make that a guiding rule from now on and you'll be happy.

Second, you should do these things in order.
    1. Remove the ensemble versin
    2. Run the utility on CD that removes any leftover files and reg entries not deleted by previous uninstall.
    2. Install the Orch version
    3. Register Orch version
    4. Install 3,1 patch.

HTH

First, you should never, ever attempt any software install midproject.
    Make that a guiding rule from now on and you'll be happy.
    Thanks for making me feel more stupid than I felt the day I did when I wished I had not. You are right, though, I have learnt my lession.

Thanks for the tip on the install. I will wait until I am done with the project. Ensemble is running smoothly right now.

One other thing. Will Orchestra 3.0 open Ensemble 3.1 performance files?
    I had some problems doing that, and... that is what caused my problems to start before. That is, upgrading to 3.1 Orchestra in order to open the performance files saved in Ensemble 3.1.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Santo

Hello Santos,

I don't have Ensemble but doubt that Orch 3.0 would load Ensemble's 3.1 performance files since the format has probably changed from 3.0 to 3.1

Orch 3.1 *should* load the .prf's from your Ensemble 3.1
    If not, then you have discovered another bug, which Tascam's support team will be delighted to know about.
    But don't file a bugreport until you have tried the latest Orch 3.12 patch, since the first thing they will ask you is "Have you upgraded to the latest version?"
    I haven't tried 3.12 myself (am presently downloading it from the user area), but it seems like it will solve many of the issues saving and reloading.

"The software requests continual reregistration"

Just about this , I have GS3 Ensemble 3.03 registred, it was impossible to upgrade to 3.1 , software continual request registration , after 3 times , I was blacklisted by tascam , I send emails to hot line : never responses

But , I notice that if I close registration window , the software was upgrade 3.1, work fine , and clic here "?" tell me the soft was registred ( ? )
    ==> no open "GigaStudio 3 License Manager" , is bad idea. . .?

Nb : I lose more 4 hours . . . and this day I stay blacklisted

Go Back to forum