• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Too Good to Be True Dept: Super Notebook 6.8GHz 1TB RAM & 2TB HDD Computer

Share/Bookmark

Too Good to Be True Dept: Super Notebook 6.8GHz 1TB RAM & 2TB HDD Computer

AtomChip has announced a new 6.8GHz 1TB RAM and 2TB HDD laptop, which is "coming soon". Apparently it does not use a hard drive but rather a "solid state AtomChip® optoelectronics". A new "non-volatile Quantum-Optical" type of RAM.. The processor is a: 6.8GHZ CPU (AtomChip® Quantum® II processor or 4 x Intel® Pentium® M processors 1.7GHz) .

Wonder if this is for real. Lots of sizzle and sales speak.

Re: Too Good to Be True Dept: Super Notebook 6.8GHz 1TB RAM & 2TB HDD Computer

I'm salivating! Quick, get a bucket!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

The description of their process:

http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page2.html

is completely breathtaking!

R.

Oh man, just when I thought I was up-to-date! Oh well, back onto the gerbil wheel for me.

And it will only cost the same as filling your gas tank!

These hardware seems to play more simultaneously notes than ever written...

Mmmmm..... I love the smell of bologna in the morning!
    "AAAAUUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!" -- Charlie Brown

I can't tell if it's fake or not. There are some clues that tell me it could be fake, but nothing that completely gives it away, so I'm not sure. I certainly don't trust them though. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    I can't tell if it's fake or not. There are some clues that tell me it could be fake, but nothing that completely gives it away, so I'm not sure. I certainly don't trust them though. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
    Hmm, now that you mention it, looking at the site again does make me think that if they're trying to introduce this great new technology, they'd at least not be using such bad pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Well, given that Page 5 shows a picture of the January 2006 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, I'm leaning towards "hoax".
    -- Jeff Lee
    Etiam singula minima maximi momenti est - Even the smallest detail is of the utmost importance

Go Back to forum