• Register
  • Help

Topic: Template/Stack issues

Share/Bookmark

Template/Stack issues

So my big-~~~, master orchestral template is nearing completion.

But there's this problem-not a show stopper, but a convenience issue.

GS3.1's convenient stacking ability is missing the capacity to distinguish between two DIFFERENT .gsi's that use the same instruments.

Example:

I have a clarinet stack that I wish to transpose to Bb in my sequencer, so my score is transposed. The opus1 clarinet, however is an amalgam of a clarinet AND a bass clarinet. So I created my stack and saved as "Bass Clarinet.gsi" Fine so far. Then I eliminated the lower 8ve of thestack and moved my keyswitches up to a comfortable area, just below the range of a standard Bb clarinet. I saved this setup as "Clarinet.gsi". Cool. Now I can load two channels of Clarinet.gsi, for maximum 2 clarinet flexibility, and a separate channel of Bass Clarinet.gsi, and all will have their keyswitches in the right range when transposed in the sequencer, right?

WRONG!!!

As mentioned above, GS3.1 cannot use both!!!! I only guess it's because of the common sample/instrument set, but what happens is that when I load one stack, it's all good, but upon loading of the other, the playzones and keyswitches of the other assume the same arrangement as the most recently loaded one!!!

Anyone got a fix, other than using the bass calrinet (which contains the Bb clarinet in it) for both?

Stackmaster Jon Fairhurst? Anyone? I'd like to do the same with my bassoon/Cbsn.

Any help appreciated,

Belbin

ps. Anotherminor issue I have is that all stacks appear fully expanded upon opening of the overall template. Anyway to change this? Collapsed would be nice.

Re: Template/Stack issues

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    So my big-~~~, master orchestral template is nearing completion.
    Wow. NSS auto-censored my A-word. Fancy.

Belbin

Hi Belbin,

You've taken stacking beyond my limits. Let us know if you find a workaround.

-Jon "Stack Apprentice" Fairhurst

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Hi Belbin,

You've taken stacking beyond my limits. Let us know if you find a workaround.

-Jon "Stack Apprentice" Fairhurst
    Hehe. Nice.

Workarounds so far:
    NOT TASCAM TECH SUPPORT. 700 bones for a soft-sampler, About the same spent on-hold to texas.

Belbin

Go Back to forum