• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Weird dream last night

Share/Bookmark

Talking Weird dream last night

I had this CRAZY dream last night that a thread was started here on NS where you would post a picture of the gas station signs to watch the prices go up. Well, on the thread the highest price was lower than the local prices, so I went off with a digital camera and found a gas station and took a picture. Then I took a few others of closed gas stations and stuff like that. Then I started noticing that because of gas shortages, it was found that pigeons can be used just like gas, so all these gas stations had pigeon tanks filled with pigeons. Except, each pigeon was a penny, so you can fill up your tank for very cheap!! Then I went to my friend's house and somebody bombed the living room when nobody was in it.

Weird, huh?

-Chris

Re: Weird dream last night

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Weird, huh?

-Chris
    Not really...You're in Jersey right?

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Weird, huh?

-Chris
    Nope - not at all. Teenage angst. Pure and simple.

Today was the first day back to school for my 13-year-old son, who dreamt that he was working at a desk next to an elevator. His job was to turn on the elevator switch, when people arrived.

After a while a whole mob of people came, he turned on the switch, and the elevator alarm bell sounded. He couldn't turn off the switch because of all the people gathering, but he couldn't figure out why the elevator alarm was buzzing either.

Finally, he woke up - and turned off his alarm clock. It had been buzzing for ten minutes.

-JF

Dreams are so strange! I hate those dreams when the alarm clock becomes part of the dream . . . it doesn't help wake you up! My favorite dreams have got to be the ones in which there is beautiful music playing, unfortunately I can never remember it when I wake up. During the summer, I woke up in the middle of the night and found out that I had left my Star Wars CD playing, but the music helped me fall back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I discovered none of my music had been turned on, and the music I heard during the night was definitely not Star Wars. It was a dream! Oh, if only I could have recorded that beautiful music. Argh!! I also love those dreams in which I can fly, and nobody else can seem to fly as well as I can. Up, up, and away!

Lately I've been having these terrible anxiety-based dreams (probably because college just started), in which one of my siblings becomes evil and makes me really mad. Those are so annoying! I don't want to be mad when I wake up, especially at something that never happened!

During the summer, I had a terrible dream in which I somehow acquired a violin, and was magically quite the virtuoso on it, but it broke, and I kept trying to play it, but it never sounded right. It was horrible!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Talking Re: Weird dream last night

HEY, I know what ya mean. I had a weird dream last night you lived in Texas ............................................... with all my X's!
    Styxx

I used to think that I occasionally dreamed finished, original pieces, until I heard a recording that was exactly what I'd dreamed. My musical memory is far better when asleep, which is kinda cool, but not like having a first-class composer on the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Why do I have them? Am I weird to have them? Or not to have them?

Are you especially creative? Do you have an imaginative personality? People with these characteristics (poets, writers, musicians, painters, graphic designers, etc.) are more likely to have flying dreams than the average population.

And also this.

Whatever the flying dream, the timing of the dream is likely to signify mental recovery and the realization of a learning experience. They usually follow episodes of depression or intense periods in your life. Even when the dream flight is to escape danger it shows that your psychological state is on the way up, you have found a solution and you are dealing with a change in yourself or a change in your life!. It is all good!

You did say school was starting again!

Tom
    Wow! That's pretty cool! I haven't had a good flight dream in a while . . . I wonder if that's a bad sign . . . I'm losing control! I remember one night, either after college or high school had ended, I did fly to escape danger. And it was a beautiful night to fly over the landscape, and see the reflection of the sky in the lake, and hide in the trees from people that were chasing me for no reason . . . Who knows, maybe I'll get another one tonight!

I have had Monkey Island music play in my dreams, but usually I can't tell if it's original or not since I can't remember it. I can remember the texture of it, how it flowed, the mood of it, but the specific melodies always escape me. Perhaps if I ear-trained more, it would be easier. But music of my dreams is more beautiful than anything I have ever written. It's kind of nice like that . . . it gives it a sense of mystery and wonder. It comes and goes, and when it's gone, you'll forget all about it, and it seems unreal.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Of course, you could always try that "lucid dreaming" thing, where your brain becomes aware that it is dreaming, and then you can do whatever you want in your dream. That always seemed like fun, but I could never get it to work. I got it once, but woke up immediately. Might be fun to try to write (and remember) music in that state
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

When I get less homework some night I'll share with y'all some of my other weird dreams. I've had some really, umm, unique ones.

Paul, somehow I expected a response like that from you

-Chris

Go Back to forum