• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 3 and Kontakt 2 alongside?

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 3 and Kontakt 2 alongside?

Simple question: is it possible to run gigastudio 3 and kontakt 2 alongside to take advantage of 3-4gb of ram in a system? Provided you have the samples for giga on one drive and the kontakt samples on a different drive on a different SATA/IDE channel?

Re: Gigastudio 3 and Kontakt 2 alongside?

Hi Thomas , Dont think so because its XP that allocates the Ram limits not our DAW software. A true 64-bit OS should cure all this , but dont hold you breath.. its a ways off on the PC side Best, Rich

Technically it should be possible, because Giga runs in kernal mode, which can use up to 2GB RAM, and Kontakt in application mode, which can use up to 2GB RAM separate from this.

Whether there would be glitches ccaused by conflicts between the two is another question, one that I suspect you could only answer by trying it.

There are people doing this with success. I tried but had midi driver conflicts. I might try again using rewire in GS3.

You must open GS3 first apparently then K2.

Thanks guys! I'm using MidiOverLan CP Platinum so I shouldn't run into midi conflicts (there's like 64 ports to pick from) but on a different note: Is there anything out there that can convert an x-fade patch, a round robin patch, a release trigger patch and a keyswitching patch from GS to Kontakt without screwing up? I mean, how hard can it be ?

I remember Dave Govett saying that he got it to work as long as GS was loaded first.

D

Go Back to forum