• Register
  • Help

Topic: full keyboard patch for strings

Share/Bookmark

full keyboard patch for strings

I have been using a kurzweil 2000 and when you load in a patch it is a full string section, how do you do that is say east west gold or gpo, do you just load the violins and then the violias and so on,, Im going to be putting together a computer for live and a full patch would be usfull, just wondered how some of you do it Jeff

Re: full keyboard patch for strings

Don't know about EW Gold, but GPO has, in addition to the section and solo strings, a full strings set of patches that load up your entire keyboard full of string sounds. Don't know when you got GPO (or if you have it) but it is part of the newest update to the GPO library. The new Miroslav Philharmonik also has full strings patches - very playable if you're working live.

On a side note, Colossus has a very nice orchestral strings patch. Kind of pricey, but all the other great sounds available might justify the cost.

Gold and Opus1 both have a full strings section (more than one choice actually). These are great when you just want to try out ideas and progressions.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    Gold and Opus1 both have a full strings section (more than one choice actually). These are great when you just want to try out ideas and progressions.
    Chris
    I totally concur. I have built full string sections with VSL sections as well. Work pretty well in Kontakt 2.

Sonic Implants Orchestral Strings also have some nice string sections- good smooth transitions across the keyboard. Give them a try as well. I use their sordino strings quite a bit in GS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff4h
    I have been using a kurzweil 2000 and when you load in a patch it is a full string section, how do you do that is say east west gold or gpo, do you just load the violins and then the violias and so on,, Im going to be putting together a computer for live and a full patch would be usfull, just wondered how some of you do it Jeff
    Man, it would be great if you could get ahold of Peter S's original "Orchestra" string section patches... those are really great for just flopping your hands onto the keyboard.

Go Back to forum