• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trumpets

Share/Bookmark

Trumpets

Why were the trumpets in GPO sampled so high above high c but not in their full lower range?

Question Re: Trumpets

Trumpets have a lower range?

I thought they only went as low as the GPO ones did.

-Chris

Re: Trumpets

Quote Originally Posted by phrygian
    Why were the trumpets in GPO sampled so high above high c but not in their full lower range?
    Are you asking about GPO "C" trumpets or JABB "Bb" trumpets? The GPO trumpets aren't sampled all that high - JABB certainly are. In either case, the trumpets are sampled down to the lowest (non-pedal) tone they are capable of producing. I wonder where you got the idea they weren't? What a strange thought.

Tom

Oh they are C trumpets stupid me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Are you asking about GPO "C" trumpets or JABB "Bb" trumpets? The GPO trumpets aren't sampled all that high - JABB certainly are. In either case, the trumpets are sampled down to the lowest (non-pedal) tone they are capable of producing. I wonder where you got the idea they weren't? What a strange thought.
    Hi Tom,

As Phrygian said, since you sampled Trumpets in C, they don't go down to the low (concert) E below middle C, as many might expect.

While Trumpets in C are the standard orchestral instrument nowadays, one occasionally still sees notes below (concert) F# below middle C in the orchestral literature, so for the next update, it might be nice if you extended the range down to at least the E below middle C.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad

While Trumpets in C are the standard orchestral instrument nowadays, one occasionally still sees notes below (concert) F# below middle C in the orchestral literature, so for the next update, it might be nice if you extended the range down to at least the E below middle C.
    When did that change come about? Is it also true of military bands?

Richard

Go Back to forum