• Register
  • Help

Topic: First GPO Track! Rough but a start

Share/Bookmark

First GPO Track! Rough but a start

Thanks to the Sonar Tutorial on this site I was finally able to understand how to get GPO Midi going. Below is one verse of Immortal, Invisible, Only Wise God.

What I did was to import an old Midi track where I used my old Roland JV1080 and then changed it to GPO. It is choppy - no "life" but a small success in that I was able to load it, change some parts, and add the GPO Ambience Reverb.

This simple import helped me to better understand how GPO works. Still having trouble using GPO as a VST - below is DXI.

A long way to go but thanks to all who helped me get off to a "snail's pace" start!

Trumpet, French Horn, Trombone, Tuba

http://av1611bible.com/recordings/immortshort.mp3

Thanks again and God bless

Re: First GPO Track! Rough but a start

What I could hear sounded great! Sounds like your on your way.
    There were gaps in the audio for me. I don't know what would cause that.
    I've experienced gaps in playback, but not in export to a wave file.
    What version of Sonar do your have? There is a recent anti-gapping patch for Sonar 4 available.
    You probably want to post these demos in the demo forum--you'll get more comments and feedback over there.

Nice one, your on your way! If you're like me, be prepared for sleepless nights having fun with GPO

What trouble are you having using the VST? What version of Sonar are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan
    1. Nice one, your on your way! If you're like me, be prepared for sleepless nights having fun with GPO

2. a. What trouble are you having using the VST?
    b. What version of Sonar are you using?
    1. I know - that's what scares me!!!

2. Can't get it to show up - but now that I've had some success I might be able to get it but any help is appreciated!
    b. Sonar 4 Producer with all patches -

You probably want to post these demos in the demo forum--you'll get more comments and feedback over there.
    Thanks squoze - - I realized that but I wasn't really looking for real feedback at this point just posted to show that I could actually do it! You are right, though - I will post on the Demo Forum for more serious feedback.
    Thanks and may God bless

Congratulations. You have just embarked on what could truly become a life-long obsession! Remember, we'll be here to help you as you make progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Music
    Just a guess, but did you run the VST Adapter? Sonar only uses VST through it's VST "wrapper".

Tom
    Oops - I win the "derpis award" -
    Thanks Prince - didn't think of that - I forgot that the VST GPO would be there under C:\Program Files\Garritan Personal Orchestra\VST - Got it now - but when I right click the RX bin it shows up under DXI - is this right?

Loogoo said:
    Congratulations. You have just embarked on what could truly become a life-long obsession! Remember, we'll be here to help you as you make progress!
    Thanks a bunch - you folks have already been a great encouragement - now the work begins!!!

God bless

AV,
    Very nice - from what I heard - I had to keep on pausing my player and playing everytime the stops would happen - when I played, it would skip back a second and play from ther for a few secs and then stop again - it was weird.

But musically - it is great, but I think the only thing to remember is that these brassplayers you've, in effect, "hired" to play this piece (You did PAY for GPO, right? he he) aren't given any chances to breathe much. You should allow for a nice rest at the end of phrases. This allows for more realism because brass players need to breathe! The key to realistic performances is to pretend you really are a real instrumentalist / player playing these things I find myself conducting, bowing, blowing, beating, etc. with the music, if I run out of breath or bow when I am pretending to play, I adjust things. I know it might sound weird, and this is your first demo -but it is never too late to put on your "proxy"-cap and BE the players of the orchestra! And besides, your pets will think you've gone nuts!

Good job and let's hear MORE!

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum