• Register
  • Help

Topic: Organ controller?

Share/Bookmark

Organ controller?

Does such a thing exist?
    I'm looknig for a MIDI controller with two manuals and a pedalboard, or just a pedalboard because I have two keyboards I can use as two manuals.

This is what I had in mind: if I could just find a MIDI pedalboard, then I could set up tracks in Sonar so that there's one MIDI track for each manual and one for the pedals. Then each track would only accept MIDI from one keyboard, and each MIDI track would point to a different organ stop in GPO. If I could find an organ controller with built in two manuals and pedalboard, then maybe each manual and pedalboard will act like a whole seperate device and I can set things up like above.

Does such a thing even exist? The reason I ask is because I'd like to practice organ at home instead of having to go to my church every other day or something. I guess I could always find an electric organ or something but I would really like to be able to hook it up to the GPO organ because I really like it's sound, and I could probably use a better MIDI controller anyway.

Thanks,
    -Chris

Re: Organ controller?

One solution is offered by Classic Organ Works.

http://www.organworks.com/Web/produc...y=MIDI%20Works

There are others. Check out the Hauptwerk forums for other suggestions.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lougheed
    One solution is offered by Classic Organ Works.

http://www.organworks.com/Web/produc...y=MIDI%20Works

There are others. Check out the Hauptwerk forums for other suggestions.

Lawrence
    That is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!

Thanks a bunch!!!!

-Chris

I've actually been in their shop - they're about 1-1/2 hours from me - and seen both pedalboard and a single manual keyboard. One note of caution. The keyboards look unfinished in the rear of the keys. You seem to see the action, as I recall. (This may or may not show up in the photos.) They're probably designed for being installed into a console. They also have an article about building a home made console at their website. This may or may not be of interest to you. (One thing to consider is what good is a pedalboard if you don't have a bench for it!!!) Hard to play standing up!!!

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Thanks for the caution. I'll be sure to take that into consideration. When I last posted I haden't looked at the price tag yet. I can't really afford anything like that anyway.

I wonder why they're so expensive? I guess they have a bunch of features I'll probably never use. All I really need is for the keyboards to send note on/off events. I don't need anything special like 20 programable pistons.

-Chris

Go Back to forum