• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: They're Spinning Away

Share/Bookmark

They're Spinning Away

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Here's what one republican spinner had to say on MSNBC:

"Unfortunately, I hate to say this; it rests first with the government of the City of New Orleans and secondly with the government of the State of Louisiana that failed in their emergency plans. They knew about this problem. They had it in their emergency plans in 2000. In fact, the emergency plan on their website predicted a category 4 of 5 hurricane would cause 20 foot storm surges and would flood the city. They should have known this was going to happen. It was in their plans and they should have responded before the event and called in every federal resource they could get their hands on. They didn't. "

Except, I guess he forgot about this, dated August 28:

http://gov.louisiana.gov/Disaster%20...%20Request.pdf
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Re: They're Spinning Away

ugh....have to....have to...have to reply.
    Did you even read the pdf you posted????????

In that document, (basically a form letter for hurricaines) through FEMA, they requested money, more money, money from specific programs....then help with a post hurricaine damage assessment followed by debree removal after the hurricaine. Nothing else!

Having some nice crack today rob?
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

The point is, Bri-bri, they were requesting help, they were notifying the Prez that bad news was coming, that their cities were in danger and while, technically, they may not have asked for physical help in that particular letter, they WERE asking for help, both the governor and the mayor BEGGED for help --

-- and they got none until six days later.

Yet the Prez sat on his plane and says, Gee, nobody could've predicted the levees would break. And FEMA says, Gee, nobody told us their were people trapped down there.

How much begging do you think Jeb had to do?

And, Brian, don't waste my time anymore, okay? You're part of the problem.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Here's my Blog:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4210674.stm

If you throw a rock off my roof you hit the Gulf of Mexico. This is my home, my families home, my culture. To those who simply say "move somewhere else", I say "where?" Kansas has tornados, the whole east and west coasts sit on major fault lines. Something will get you wherever you go. The night is young. We have 'till November before hurricane season ends.

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

We'd love to have you in North da Fu*&ing Kota Brian!

Personally, I love the South. Half of my family is from there. I'll take an occasional hurricane over North Dakota any day (except during hunting season).
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Rob - we've had some fun in the past. But there are times when I suspect you're the one spinning out of control. You're like a stuck record of a third rate fifth columnist at times. I fear for your mental health at times - I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Rob - we've had some fun in the past. But there are times when I suspect you're the one spinning out of control. You're like a stuck record of a third rate fifth columnist at times. I fear for your mental health at times - I really do.
    I realize that dealing with facts and truth these days is often perceived as a mental health problem, but I appreciate your concern.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    St. Martin's Press

Wasn't that how the Soviets dealt with the truth-tellers in their so-called society? Question their mental well-being and lock them away?

Personally, I blame that vile old witch Thatcher ("There is no such thing as society") for the resurgence of greed and cupidity in the West.

Kind regards.

Thatcher made two mistakes. One was to sell off council houses and the other was poll tax. Apart from that, she was one of the best Prime Ministers in our lifetime. Why? Because she wouldn't put up with trailer trash.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Because she wouldn't put up with trailer trash.
    Yeah, I think her and old Adolph would have got along just fine.

Kind regards.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast