• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can GS3 route audio to two different audio cards?

Share/Bookmark

Question Can GS3 route audio to two different audio cards?

Hi,

I'm using GS3.04 with two GSIF compatable cards:

RME Fireface 800
    Tascam US-122

I need to able to route audio from Gigastudio to channels of both cards simultaniously (don't ask why, it's a long story). However, in System Settings/Hardware tab, I only seem to be able to choose one of the two cards and if I do, Gigastudio won't let me use the channel(s) on the card I didn't choose.

It looks like this is by design, but I'm posting this just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

Thanks,
    Vincent

Re: Can GS3 route audio to two different audio cards?

I'm fairly certain it can't route audio to two cards simultaneously. Using GS 2.5, I wanted to do something similar, enquired about it and found it was impossible - the GSIF spec only allows output to one card.

I haven't read anything about this changing in the progression to GS 3, so I presume it's still the case.

It's annoying. One has to think, what on Earth is the point of the GS mixer having 32 outputs, when no audio card in the world has that many channels? The only way to actually make USE of all these outputs would be to split them between two cards, and you can't do that.

For all any of us know, the last 16 outputs might not even work, and nobody has noticed yet because nobody can use them.

Unhappy Re: Can GS3 route audio to two different audio cards?

Thanks! Too bad.

Re: Can GS3 route audio to two different audio cards?

If you pair up Frontier Dakota and Montana cards, GS sees them as one card and you get 32 channels output (4 lightpipes).

Rob

Go Back to forum