• Register
  • Help

Topic: While cleaning out ...

Share/Bookmark

While cleaning out ...

me personal music library I came across the full score of Beethoven's Symphonie V in pocket score form. Hmm, let's see ... NMB would love to study (unless you are already familiar) this score!
    On further inspection, it was purchased at the University at Buffalo's North campus book store for the unheard of price of $9.00! But wait! Use your credit card and receive an additional pocket score of every pocket Karaoke song ever recorded! BUT WAIT! Use your sister's bank card and receive two free "Pimp MY PC" make overs!
    Yes, you get Beethoven's Symphonie V, over 100,000 additional pocket score obnoxious karaoke songs complete with lyrics, and Two, NOT ONE ... NOT THREE or FOUR! But TWO FREE "PIMP MY COMPUTER (MAC OR PC) MAKE OVERS! Hurry while supplies last!
    Call now - 1-NOI-DU-WANIT and ask for Barbara the on the phone all day secretary to place your order!

VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. TAX AND TITTLE NOT INCLUDED. MUST BE OVER 40 TO PARTICIPATE AND BELONG TO THE LONGEVITY CLUB OF THE MONTH FOR WOULD BE SENIOR OR SINORITTAS. MUST HAVE VALID ROTOR OPERATORS LICINCES. NO ADMITTANCE WITHOUT SHOES OR SHIRT. NO BEER SOLD AFTER TWELVE. MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE MUSIC CLUB OF THE MONTH. MEMBERS OF BEETHOVAN'S FAMILY EXCLUDED. VOID ONLY IF VOID BY AN AUTHORIZED VOIDED VOID VOIDER. VADER.
    Styxx

Re: While cleaning out ...

There used to be a site where there were pdf's of all sorts of orchestral scores. Unfortunantly, there was some question to the copyrights and the site went down.
    But I got all the 'portant stuff! All 41 of Beethoven's Symphonies, all 9 of Mozart's symphonies, the 1812 overture, Figaro overture, Magic Flute overture, Egmont overture, the Beethoven piano concertos, the Tchycovsky piano concerto #1 and violin concerto in D major, Some Brahms stuff, Mozart quartets and quintets, A couple misc Beethoven and Mozart concertos...VERY cool!!

Wow, cool! I know Dover publication sells full scores. How many of the greats I haven't had time to check out.
    That's quite an impressive library of scores you have. Are they all complete full scores or condensed scores?
    Nice
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    All 41 of Beethoven's Symphonies
    Darn, I only have up to number 9 . . .

I have some study scores, but I actually prefer the big bulky full-size scores, as it's much easier to read, and write in the margins Unfortunately, they're too darn expensive.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

There's a wee second hand book shop in Glasgow near the university which has it's own music publication section consisting mainly of scores (including pocket scores for around £1.50).

I of course have plundered this many times and I am building quite a collection.

I never really bothered with the jazz and show scores which are abundant but with the imminent relase of Gary's latest efforts I might be visiting again shortly

OOPS!!!!

9 Beethoven symphonies and 41 Mozart symphonies.

Yeah, they're full study scores (parts not playing are not shown), and the concertos have these great cadenza options. I have some study scores, although I perfer the conductor ones, too. The conductor scores show all the parts the whole time. The scores I downloaded and study scores don't show me the full orchestra untill a big tutti or something. The begginning usually has all the parts, but in the Beethoven Symph #9 4th movement the choral parts aren't shown untill they come in.
    Kind of annoying.

I REALLY enjoy being able to study all these scores. One thing I learned from studying the harmonies in the winds that I thought was interesting: if you have a C chord, usually the woodwinds (w/o horns) get the C's and E's while the brass (w/horns) hold out G's. A very nice sound, IMO. I use it a lot!

-Chris

Go Back to forum