• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2112 The Manic Moderator!

Share/Bookmark

Talking 2112 The Manic Moderator!

What do you get when you take a moderator in his manic stage; add caffeine, tons of smokes, high blood pressure, and new toys to play with?
    Muddy Rubbish!
    This is just a doodle I’ve messed with in the last couple of days. Since, I can’t wait for a new Rush CD, I do what I always do and start making my own in my spare time. That’s how it started out anyway. Then it deteriorates into I don’t know what. There are so many tracks that I am lost. And I have pushed both my computers to the max.
    If you are brave, listen before I wake up tomorrow and toss it. I have some crazy ideas how to finish it if I decide to. Comments and insults are welcome (You can cut me a little slack because I’m a drummer).
    Also note that I am a big Alex Lifeson fan so watch your ears/monitors on the high end.

Samples used (so far)
    Lyrical Distortion (with 2112’s multis – man! That guy is a genius!)
    QL ’56 Strat (both through one of my new toys - Guitar Rig)
    Scarbee J’slap n Fingered (also through GR)
    GPO
    Drum Kit from Hell
    EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Platinum (just Full mics)
    EW Symphonic Choirs – boys and full
    Some stock Dr008 synth percussion that I butchered
    StormDrum

Later I plan to add Bela D’s Giovani

Soft Synths:
    WusikStation – nice piece!
    Ravity 16
    Zeta3+ (or whatever it’s called)

And a whole bunch of other stuff that I can’t remember at the moment.

In case you are wondering what the choir is singing, it’s Latin. Loosely translated, it means “Go soak your head in the aqueduct” – o.k. just kidding…it’s high latency gibberish (for now).
    My apologies to the developers for perverting their libraries.

I’m going to wake up tomorrow and say “OH GOD! I can’t believe I posted that!”

“Sword of Doves”

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: 2112 The Manic Moderator!

Brain, I can't believe you would post something this bad! Just kidding!

Not really the style I listen to often, but I do like the gibberish!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Hey Brian, how's things? Haven't seen you around in ages.

This sounds excellent! You have a very personal style of combining hard stuff with nice melodies and chord changes. Very enjoyable and it stands as a piece very well. I especially liked the outro part.

I also like the sound you got from the guitar and drums ; warm phat and spacious.

Any chance of hearing master Brian singing in the future? hehe, that would be cool

Cheers
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Love it! Very filmic (if that's the word I'm looking for). So please finish it, Brian.

Thanks for letting us listen.

Kind regards.

Of course, you knew I would like it. I especially like the modulation starting around 1:15.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I can’t believe I posted this!

Hey thanks guys! I’m glad you like! I guess I’ll keep it and finish it – if nothing else, just for the obnoxiousness value.

Theo, good to see you too! I’ve been running around the country. Hopefully I can settle down for a bit.

Thanks again!

…2112
    P.S. I might torture you guys with a song that I sing on. I'll post it here if at all...hehe
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Go Back to forum