• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan/Cubase LE. How???

Share/Bookmark

Garritan/Cubase LE. How???

Everything I can find about using GPO with Cubase (or any other program, for that matter) only addresses using them with a MIDI instument. I'm a guitarist, and only a fair one at that; my keyboard skills aren't 2% of my meager composing skills. I just use a notation program and let the computer do the work, but I'd like to export some of my work as wav files.

How on earth do I do this? I'm starting to lose my mind over trying to figure this out. It doesn't help that Cubase LE's manual is written by rocket scientists, for rocket scientists. If it matters, and I don't think it does, but it might, the notation program is NoteWorthy Composer. It's cheap, but effective and extremely user friendly.

Can someone please just point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help.

Re: Garritan/Cubase LE. How???

I've tried importing the midi files into Cubase. I can get them to play back, but when I export, there's no audio information. It will, for instance, export a 6MB wav file, but there isn't any sound.

Don't use GPO Studio. Use GPO as a VST plugin instead. Do that and you should get your sound when you use the Export Audio feature.

I don't know what that means. The only way that I know how to use GPO sounds with NoteWorthy is to turn on GPO Studio and NoteWorthy at the same time.

I'm a total loss. I've gotten so ocnfused, trying so many different things in the last couple of months- GPO, GPO STudio, Cubasis, Cubase LE, NoteWorthy Composer, N-track Studio, etc - and having no luck with any of them (other than playback thru NWC with GPO) that I can't even remember what I'm confused about.

I'm going to hire a tutor. Thanks anyway, guys; I really do appreciate the effort.

Go Back to forum