• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Overture 4 released

Share/Bookmark

Overture 4 released

I didn't see a thread about this. If there was one, I apologize. Anyway, the hard work of the beta team has paid off and there are many new bells and whistles in this version of Overture. I have no problem using it for Film Scoring now, since I can use time code and temp in hundredths (which really play back as tempos in hundredths). The VST element is very nicely integrated, and it works perfectly with GPO. Any new users out there care to post their thoughts? My favorite new feature must be the articulations playback. Very nice to be able to customize this with my Sample libraries for maximum realism.

Jesse
    http://hopkins.composerarts.com

Thumbs up Re: Overture 4 released

I'm waiting for this release, because it seems to be the most advanced integration between notation and sequencing. Finale and Sibelius, as Igor before, did big enhancement, but this less known application is an incredible good competitor.
    Gary, any agreement (discount ) for your customers?

Re: Overture 4 released

The upgrade for GPO users is $150.

I have yet to post an announcement simply because we had some issues with the copy protection scheme last night which we subsequently removed.

When we get the announcement up here, you'll know its solid. Until then, we appreciate your patience.

Smile Re: Overture 4 released

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell

I have yet to post an announcement simply because we had some issues with the copy protection scheme last night which we subsequently removed.

When we get the announcement up here, you'll know its solid. Until then, we appreciate your patience.
    thanks Joseph. Now I understand why you were less easy to find around...

[QUOTE=Joseph Burrell]The upgrade for GPO users is $150.

Joseph,
    Any idea about the release time for the MAC version?
    Ludovic

[QUOTE=Ludovic]
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell

Joseph,
    Any idea about the release time for the MAC version?
    Ludovic
    They are going to release a Mac version soon- they spent all their time developing the Windoze version first, because frankly, you PC users have a larger share of the market for this sort of thing. Geniesoft is a small company and they didn't have the manpower or resources to release simultaneous versions on both platforms.

How well the new PC version of Ov. 4 will be received determines (I assume) how quickly a Mac version will be available. The time frame of "Weeks" has been bandied about in connection to the Mac release, and I am sure they are wanting that time, but it may be longer.

You have waited this long for it, the short wait for a mac version to be ported will make getting it all the more sweet.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

I am dying out here -- I am desperate. I need Mac -- Gimme Mac. My brain needs Overture Mac --please please please.

Seriously!

Congratulations to GenieSoft for the release of Overture 4. Wishing GenieSoft much success in this groundbreaking accomplishment!

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Congratulations to GenieSoft for the release of Overture 4. Wishing GenieSoft much success in this groundbreaking accomplishment!

Gary Garritan
    Thank you Gary.

Have been playing all day today with Overture 4 and GPO and I have to say, despite some initial rough going with the copy protection (which has now been removed), it seems to be everything it promised to be. I especially love being able to control midi data without leaving the score. And having all my GPO instruments load up automatically when I open a file - I'm in heaven! The current download version is a bit bare-bones at the moment (no manual or VST specific templates), but those are coming soon. The function is very intuitive, however, and I've been able to figure out most things by just playing with it.

Congratulations guys - I hope this is a big hit.

Go Back to forum