• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: The Response!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs down The Response!

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    We can invade a country in a blink of a eye but we take 4 days or more to air drop food and water to our own people? I am sickened and ashamed. I am not alone in my shame. 5 days and people are still starving! Don't talk to me about the help that is there and on its way. Too little, too late!

New Orleans' embattled mayor accused federal officials of dragging their feet while people are dying in deplorable conditions.

"I've been out there man. I flew in these helicopters, been in the crowds talking to people crying, don't know where their relatives are. I've done it all man, and I'll tell you man, I keep hearing that it's coming. This is coming, that is coming. And my answer to that today is BS, where is the beef? Because there is no beef in this city. "

"They thinking small, man, and this is a major, major deal," he said.

"Get off your asses and let's do something."

Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Re: The Response!

What I fear is that the National Guard is all in Iraq. But I don't know that as a fact, it's just a suspicion.

Thumbs down Re: The Response!

The truth of it is simple and it only takes 2 words to explain:

Poor and black.

This is a sad time in our country's history. We feed the people of Iraq faster then our own. Theses poor are not refugees, they are citizens of this country. Where are the markers of baby formula? Where are the big bottle water companies? On and on... How in the world can anyone of sound mind except the fact that babies and the elderly are dying in the streets of America? It has been 5 days!

There is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Batzdorf
    What I fear is that the National Guard is all in Iraq. But I don't know that as a fact, it's just a suspicion.
    I heard on CNN two third of the national guard is in Iraq. My question is, where is the rest of them?

Where's the government? Where's solidarity? The USA looks like a third world country.

I suppose we should be grateful that the President is on his way but it's Friday, not Tuesday. I just do not understand how "he" can say the response is unacceptable.

Wasn't there a similiar delay after Andrew slammed into Miami? I seem to remember people being 4 or 5 days without food or water back then?

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bela D Media
    I suppose we should be grateful that the President is on his way but it's Friday, not Tuesday. I just do not understand how "he" can say the response is unacceptable.
    Amazing that he said this. He's distancing himself from his OWN failures. Think about it. Wouldn't it take ONE phone call from the President of the ~~~~~~~~~ world to get the aid down there that they need? The guy has completely dropped the ball and now he acts as if it's somebody else's fault.

Go to CNN.com and listen to the Mayor of New Orleans talking on the radio about this disaster. Here is a guy who is telling it like it is, no holds barred, and it's powerful, powerful stuff.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Angry Re: The Response!

I think I'll take a month vacation and let the rest of the country float by! The American people should ban together and demand his resignation!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    The guy has completely dropped the ball and now he acts as if it's somebody else's fault.
    I see it that way as well. I have never seen such a staged moment then what was just on CNN. Bush in Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    I think I'll take a month vacation and let the rest of the country float by! I think the American people should ban together and demand his resignation!
    I agree. This is disgraceful.

READ THIS: http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2...is/lewis01.txt

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast