• Register
  • Help

Topic: ambience settings

Share/Bookmark

ambience settings

in the GPO studio there are a few presets for ambience like concerthall 1, concerthall 2, ballroom 1 and 2, church. However, if you make any changes to these presets, it seems they become permanent immediately without asking to rename. How can I get back to the original presets as they were on delivery?
    thanks,
    M.

Re: ambience settings

Quote Originally Posted by mvnorden
    in the GPO studio there are a few presets for ambience like concerthall 1, concerthall 2, ballroom 1 and 2, church. However, if you make any changes to these presets, it seems they become permanent immediately without asking to rename. How can I get back to the original presets as they were on delivery?
    thanks,
    M.

Hey M.

When you quit GPO studio, it always asks you if you want to save the file. If you are unsure about an ambience setting, quit and restart GPO studio.

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Thank you for your reply Jerry.
    Do you mean that after reloading GPO, the ambience presets will always be as they were originally?
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by mvnorden
    Thank you for your reply Jerry.
    Do you mean that after reloading GPO, the ambience presets will always be as they were originally?
    Maarten
    Maarten,

If you did NOT save your .gpo file then the default Ambience settings will be there.

If you did, then I suggest opening a brand new .gpo file, open the Ambience display and look at the settings for the default preset you liked, write the values down (or do a screenshot - something I do a lot) and then re-enter the values into the Ambience of the old .gpo file you had adjusted. And then save it. so you have the ambience settings right.

Within the Ambience interface there are some icons next to the preset pull down menu. You can save individual presets with those as well.

Hope this helps.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum