• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's almost here

Share/Bookmark

It's almost here

I began a Journey last October. I had a new copy of GPO and dusted off an orchestral piece, Nightwinds, that had been laying on the shelf for 6 years. I eventually submitted it to ERM Media and was accepted for Vol 8 of their CD series "Masterworks of the New Era"

To complete the Journey, I leave Saturday for Kiev, Ukraine to be in attendance at the recording session on Sept. 8. I hope to blog the trip and the events of the session for those that are interested. I return on Sept 9 and conduct the Mozart Requiem on Sunday the 11th. Anyone know any good antidotes for jetlag????? :-)

BTW, the blog site is www.musingsofamusician.com

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO

Re: It's almost here

WOW Ron!

That is great!
    Please give us a report when you get back home.
    Have a sooper dooper trip, sounds like alot of fun!
    You have my blessings!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    I began a Journey last October. I had a new copy of GPO and dusted off an orchestral piece, Nightwinds, that had been laying on the shelf for 6 years. I eventually submitted it to ERM Media and was accepted for Vol 8 of their CD series "Masterworks of the New Era"

To complete the Journey, I leave Saturday for Kiev, Ukraine to be in attendance at the recording session on Sept. 8. I hope to blog the trip and the events of the session for those that are interested. I return on Sept 9 and conduct the Mozart Requiem on Sunday the 11th. Anyone know any good antidotes for jetlag????? :-)
    Umm....nothing called Requiem! Congrats on your success!

Congratulations Ron!

The only thing I know to do for jet lag is to take a short nap when you arrive, and then stay up until it's the "normal" time to sleep at your new destination. But then I've never traveled as far as Kiev, so I don't know if that would be a good solution or not for your return. Traveling east to west always seems harder than the other direction to me.

Have a good trip!
    ;-)

Jim Jarnagin - no not THAT Jim Jarnagin, the other one.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'll be checking the blog site every now and then.

I unfortunately don't have any jet lag antidotes . . . I've never been on a plane before . . . but I have stayed up all night before. When you feel tired and you can't sleep, eat something! Don't listen to music if you can help it. Music always lulls my mind into the dream world.

Good luck, and again, congratulations!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    Anyone know any good antidotes for jetlag????? :-)

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    A priest, a minister and a rabbi were on a jet plane going to Europe when the pilot comes on the intercom and says...

Oh, wait - not anecdotes, antidotes, D"oh...

Try this - if you're only going to be in one time zone, for a few days before you leave, block out all light from your house and reset most of the clocks to Ukraine time (leve one for emergency reference.) Live by that schedule as much as possible before you leave, and it could help.

Of course if you've got school-age kids or a day gig, this is a useless piece of advice.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Go Back to forum