• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: How to Ignore Posts that are Offensive....

Share/Bookmark

How to Ignore Posts that are Offensive....

Did you know that you can make certain people posts invisible so that you won't be able to see any of their posts?.

Do you remember the Twilight Zone episode (and a Simpsons parody) where a young boy made people disappear at will? They were wisked to the imaginary cornfield. Ok, maybe not...but you can effectively do this in this in this forum. You can ignore any person's post and wisk all their posts into the cyber-cornfield and you won't see any of their person's posts.

We have done our best to make the forum a special place. Not the usual negative or bantering place one often finds on the net, but a place that is uplifting and encouraging. A place where people visit and leave with something positive and feeling better. It has taken a great deal of effort on everyone's part to cultivate this forum into a place that is uplifting, encouraging and supportative to all members. Users have come to value this place and great deal of good will has developed.

We have been receiving many complaints in recent times where people have been offended by certain posts that have been argumentative and insulting. This community is too important, we have been through a lot together and we'll also get through this together.

There is something you can also do as well:

You can make anyone's post invisible by adding them to your ignore list. By taking a few certain steps, any posts by an individual will not be seen whatsoever. They will cease to exist in your world.

To do this:

• Go into your profile
    • Under miscellaneous, go to Buddy/Ignore list
    • Under the Ignore list, type the offensive persons' user name.
    • Then press Update Igore list.
    Once this is done, anything from that person will not be seen by you again. They will be wisked into the cornfield as far as you are concerned and you'll never see another post by that person again.

I hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Re: How to Ignore Posts that are Offensive....

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Did you know that you can make certain people posts invisible so that you won't be able to see any of their posts?.
    But they won't be invisible to newcomers - potential recruits of the Garritan's Garrison...
    regards Matt

Gary, why not just be straightforward and contact the perpetrators directly? Surely that is the sensible thing to do? Out of interest, how many posters are guilty of this offensive posting and how frequently do they actually post?

Frank

If you remember to go through the process of blocking that poster, this is a good technique, but sometimes the poster may have something of value beside just the negative BS. Ostracize those persons who play this game, siply refuse to acknowledge any of their posts (if someone else got caught in the negative trap, you'd still be reading their responses to the new poster, but if we all agree to just pretend he/she is invisible, it could be quite effective, IMHO. Ths IS a place for friendly discussion - it may get heated at times, we are musicians and should therefore be passionate about our music, but personal attacks should immediately met with ostracism by ALL other members.

What do you think?
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Wha? I don't see anything! What are you guys talking about? Hey, how come there's no one here? Ahhhhhh
    I think what Gary is saying is we have a choice whether to continue being annoyed or block the annoyance during your visits.
    Styxx

Has anyone seen Styxx around lately??????

Talking Re: How to Ignore Posts that are Offensive....

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Has anyone seen Styxx around lately??????
    A hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You sign of a, you crack me up!

I don't suppose anyone saw that?
    Styxx

I am beginning to quite like it in this cornfield.I just bumped into Kevin Costner,who was asking... "Are we in Heaven"?.....
    regards

...quiet thread

Gary, I took your advice and now I don't see anyone.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum