• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Thank you Carillon USA

Share/Bookmark

OT: Thank you Carillon USA

Sorry for the OT, but gratitude compels me to post this where eyes will see.
    I'm in the middle of a scoring deadline and my giga pc has been down for several days. Desperate and not sure how to proceed, I called Carillon as they are a daw maker near NYC. The guy who answered the phone, Perry, spent at least 30 mins with me exploring various options in the kindest and most disinterested way imaginable. In the end he hooked me up with a tech guy, Mike, who helped me troubleshoot my machine over the phone..not a Carillon machine, not his problem at all.

WHAT A GREAT COMPANY!! WHAT GREAT PEOPLE.

I'm still fishing for the exact cause of my problem but in the meantime the machine is back up and I'm off to compose.

Rob

Re: OT: Thank you Carillon USA

Glad to be of help. Thanks for the kind words.

Perry

I happen to know Perry and yes, he is a gentleman

You couldn't have been in more capable hands!

Good to know such things. I'm going to be in the market for another Giga PC shortly, and I'll be sure to give Carillon a close scrutiny as part of my decision process.
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Years ago my encounters with Carillon England weren't 'that' fantastic.

- Only half of the ordered and paid RAM was installed. It took a rather long and sweaty phone call to correct this.

- At the time, most motherboards could handle 1024MB RAM, however, mine came with a 700MB+ limit. This surprisingly limited future upgrades plans. Is it because I only asked for 512MB RAM that Carillon thought I will never feel the desire to expand my RAM?

- The floppy drive didn't work. It was not attached to the motherboard.

- It was (and still is) a very noisy machine (loud fan noises).

Other than that, it did what it had to do.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    Years ago my encounters with Carillon England weren't 'that' fantastic.

- Only half of the ordered and paid RAM was installed. It took a rather long and sweaty phone call to correct this.

- At the time, most motherboards could handle 1024MB RAM, however, mine came with a 700MB+ limit. This surprisingly limited future upgrades plans. Is it because I only asked for 512MB RAM that Carillon thought I will never feel the desire to expand my RAM?

- The floppy drive didn't work. It was not attached to the motherboard.

- It was (and still is) a very noisy machine (loud fan noises).

Other than that, it did what it had to do.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    Well I have the opposite experience, and am just awaiting my 5th Carillon computer to arrive.

D

Let them send it to me, trust me, it will fall apart as soon as they change the destination address.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    Let them send it to me, trust me, it will fall apart as soon as they change the destination address.
    Yeah, I have a friend who makes computers crash just by walking in the room. Suffice it to say that I don't let him anywhere near my studio...!

D

My Carillon is not as quiet as I had originally hoped it would be, but as a Giga computer it has been rock solid, it came well tweaked and exactly as I had ordered, and their technical support has been good-

My only hope would be that they expand their line to include fanless cases (I don't necessarily need a rack-mount computer) and heat-pipe technology, in order to offer a truly quiet studio computer.

Go Back to forum