• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO to GPOA

Share/Bookmark

GPO to GPOA

I Heard about GPO Advanced and I would like to know if current users of GPO will be able to upgrade to GPOA or if it will be standalone and I would have to purchase it seperately.

Re: GPO to GPOA

Gary has said that an upgrade path will be available to current GPO owners, but I don't think details have been officially announced yet.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Welcome to the forum, Nofish!

GPOA's upgrade will be so that simply more instrument folders will be added into the Kontakt player under 'load'. At least that's how I think. Now that I think about it, I never heard Gary or Tom or Jeff or anyone mention that this is how it would be done. But it makes sence, as all of the other GPO upgrades have been like this (IE: the addition of full strings).

But there will be an upgrade path like Dan said.
    -Chris

Thanks guys, I hope there is an upgrade version.

Quote Originally Posted by nofish
    Thanks guys, I hope there is an upgrade version.
    Hi,
    I would like to know if there is some new info wrt upgrade details to GPOA from GPO. I'm looking forward to it.
    Thanks in advance

nofish ... heh! I had a six piece blues band in the early eighties called "NoSmoke". Eh, whatevva huh?
    Welcome to the forum (Gary has Trout)! Upgrade on current GPO to advanced is understood to happen. When? I dunno and I don't think anyone really knows as of recent. Gary and his team work awfully hard on this stuffs so hang in there with comfort knowing a well thought out product is on it's way!
    Dang, I'm feeling tired.
    Poof!
    Styxx

I don't want to start a riot, but I thought I heard GPOA would start out as a Kontakt 2 library until the Kontakt Player is updated by N.I.

Dunno though, I might be thinking of something else...When I take my meds, I get confused

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Wink Re: GPO to GPOA

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    I don't want to start a riot, but I thought I heard GPOA would start out as a Kontakt 2 library until the Kontakt Player is updated by N.I.
    I heard it was going to require a retro encabulator...

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

K2 for the strad ? Well, that'd be sad. I'm happy on Kontakt 1.2 and it will take several teams of wild horses to make me give NI any more money.

I think GPOA will have it's own special GPOA Kontakt player with more bells and whistles than the GPO Kontakt player.

Either way, don't worry. It'll be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back to forum