• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale 2006 Mac crashing with GPO full

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2006 Mac crashing with GPO full

Here is my situation:

I have a Powerbook G4 Aluminum 1.5 Ghz, 2 GB RAM. I have Finale 2006 and GPO and have downloaded all updates. Last night, I was setting up some templates using the setup wizard for a string orchestra. I was trying to use GPO Full, but just when I would get it all set up, I would go to save it, and Finale would crash. I tried several times with the same result. I then decided to try using the sounds from GPO Finale...voila. No problem.

Those sounds are certainly satisfactory for what I am trying to achieve, but it would be nice to know why this was happening. Any ideas?

Re: Finale 2006 Mac crashing with GPO full

I am using Gpo full, but I am using the AU/VST setup, not the Studio. Which are you using?
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    I am using Gpo full, but I am using the AU/VST setup, not the Studio. Which are you using?
    Native Instruments AU.

I'm having the same problem using Kontakt 2, and am currently waiting for Finale tech to solve the problem, using my file and settings on their computers. It appears to be file-size based, in that when I delete all but the first 5 bars of my score, instead of quitting outright on save, the program goes into a perpetual loop (the dreaded spinning beachball from hell) which continues until I force-quit. Until Finale comes up with an answer, I'm disconnecting the AU links before saving, and setting them up again the next time I start up.

Let me suggest that you contact them about the same issue. It sounded, when I talked with them, as if no one had yet reported the problem, and it will probably help them to hear from someone else, especially since you're using the GPO player, not Kontakt 2. That should tell them that the problem is not specific to one AU player, but to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrsm
    I'm having the same problem using Kontakt 2, and am currently waiting for Finale tech to solve the problem, using my file and settings on their computers. It appears to be file-size based, in that when I delete all but the first 5 bars of my score, instead of quitting outright on save, the program goes into a perpetual loop (the dreaded spinning beachball from hell) which continues until I force-quit. Until Finale comes up with an answer, I'm disconnecting the AU links before saving, and setting them up again the next time I start up.

Let me suggest that you contact them about the same issue. It sounded, when I talked with them, as if no one had yet reported the problem, and it will probably help them to hear from someone else, especially since you're using the GPO player, not Kontakt 2. That should tell them that the problem is not specific to one AU player, but to all of them.
    I have now contacted Finale as you suggested. I also have Kontakt 2 but had not yet tried using it with Finale 2006.

Go Back to forum