• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Out Of the Blue (upbeat orchestral, musical caffeine :)

Share/Bookmark

Out Of the Blue (upbeat orchestral, musical caffeine :)

Hi all!

In the 'David Foster' sprit of upbeat orchestration, I humbly submit Out Of The Blue, at the following link:

John Hawksley - Out of the Blue.mp3 (6.7 MB)

It's an upbeat pop orchestration, very energetic, lots of power but restrained in places when it needs to be. It's a theme piece in need of a show The whole thing came together in about 12 hours, it was like I wasn't writing it; like I was just transcribing something out of the air... that was ready to be written... (hence the title). Had some problems with the recording, but the eighth or ninth take was the golden one

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it, and that it puts a smile on your face, like it did mine

All the best everyone,

-John

Full Disclosure: it's not all GPO :-)

Re: Out Of the Blue (upbeat orchestral, musical caffeine :)

John:

Yeah! It moves alright, in the right direction too. A great orchestration and choice of instruments. Like the horns near the end, really well placed and well mixed. The bass really keeps this piece moving AND the drummer is magnificent.

A great listen, John.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Talking Re: Out Of the Blue (upbeat orchestral, musical caffeine :)

John 'awksley, John 'awksley!

I like your "Out Of The Blue" very much. Excellent suspensions, superb tuba part with creative inversions...and the rest isn't chopped liver either.

Thanks for posting this.

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Great John!

I heard the DX7 type David Foster slappin bass in a few lines, needs more of those David Foster French Horns!!!!!!

Excellent John
    Dan

John 'awksley, John 'awksley!....you didn't work with 'Long John Silver' did you?

Yes, I agree with Larry (don't I always?)....Great stuff John.....God (or non believer's equivalent) I'm almost tired of saying this .....SMASHING......crikey!!.........

Frank

Talking Re: Out Of the Blue (upbeat orchestral, musical caffeine :)

Marvelous... it makes wonderful ear candy! What other libraries did you pull from? Don't you love it when something comes to you so quickly and effortlessly? It's mixed very well too... can't say enough about it! Congrats!

Schroeder
    "You know, Lois, I'm really not comfortable talking about this amelodically." - Brian the Dog

Thumbs up Re: Out Of the Blue (upbeat orchestral, musical caffeine :)

Excellent, yes exciting, easy listening, but perfectly well done.

Thanks, it make us smile as you forcasted.

Mozart too wrote music to keep people happy!

Wow John!

This is amazing (again)!! Excellent work as usual Everything works together flawlessly! Beautiful work! I especially like the fade out at the end. Can't wait to hear the next one (no pressure )

Steph

Marvelous! This is something to listen to when you need a pick me up or cheer me up or whenever. Very well done!!
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2
    John:

Yeah! It moves alright, in the right direction too. A great orchestration and choice of instruments. Like the horns near the end, really well placed and well mixed. The bass really keeps this piece moving AND the drummer is magnificent.

A great listen, John.

Jack
    Hi Jack! Thanks very much! The horns, IIRC are a doubling of the tenor trombones and the french horns, gives a nice mix and balance; the trombs have a nice attack and a good tone, and the fr.hrns have a lot of body, so they work well together.

I'll pass the compliments on to the drummer? ;-)) My favourite bit to do :-)

Thanks again!

-John

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast