• Register
  • Help

Topic: Middle East/Arabian Flute Sample Suggestions

Share/Bookmark

Middle East/Arabian Flute Sample Suggestions

I am looking for samples of arabian style flutes (individual notes, not loops)- does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Re: Middle East/Arabian Flute Sample Suggestions

The most used Arabian flute is the Ney (or Nay), similar to the Eastern-European Kaval (or Keval). I think it's both in RA and World Winds. I'm not able to comment on one of those, since I play the Ney live when needed.

WorldWinds is okay. I imagine RA is better.

World Winds is actually one of the only Ilio products that I have been seriously dissappointed by. Granted, it's in Akai format and I'm trying to use it in EXS24 but in any case the content does not live up to the price tag, in terms of quantity. In some cases for example, you only get 2 phrases of a given instrument! Compare that to the Heart of (Asia/Africa) stuff, which is brimming with content.

Quote Originally Posted by Phattlippz
    World Winds is actually one of the only Ilio products that I have been seriously dissappointed by. Granted, it's in Akai format and I'm trying to use it in EXS24 but in any case the content does not live up to the price tag, in terms of quantity. In some cases for example, you only get 2 phrases of a given instrument! Compare that to the Heart of (Asia/Africa) stuff, which is brimming with content.
    I agree completely. It's not worth the money, IMO.

I do own RA, and I think it's excellent. Certainly a strong contender for Middle Eastern/Arabian flute sounds.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I was hoping to avoid spending the big bucks on RA since I already have most of the other instruments in there that I am likely to use, but I probably will have to bite the bullet. I'm sure some of the instruemnts that I don't think I'll use will inspire me and I will end up using them.

Go Back to forum