• Register
  • Help

Topic: Little song probs with string

Share/Bookmark

Little song probs with string

Hi,

Everything is GPO In this song I have violon 1-2 lush violon 1-2 short bow violon pl 1-2-3 of gagli, and cello solo 2, cello lush as strings. horns, percussion.

I have hard time making the strings sound rights they sound detached it seem a bit too, and i cant use the legato slur for Sibelius cause when I enable it it just ATTACH all the strings like you would keep the pedals on a piano, like all notes over all notes and it never stop. Anyways if you find what would be better with this songs, plz say Incomplete also.

http://www.rentgame.ca/song/toune37.mp3
    Last edited by Saldor; 08-29-2005 at 02:27 PM. Reason: precision.

Re: Little song probs with string

Quote Originally Posted by Saldor
    Hi,

Everything is GPO In this song I have violon 1-2 lush violon 1-2 short bow violon pl 1-2-3 of gagli, and cello solo 2, cello lush as strings. horns, percussion.

I have hard time making the strings sound rights they sound detached it seem a bit too, and i cant use the legato slur for Sibelius cause when I enable it it just ATTACH all the strings like you would keep the pedals on a piano, like all notes over all notes and it never stop. Anyways if you find what would be better with this songs, plz say Incomplete also.

http://www.rentgame.ca/song/toune37.mp3
    Saldor,

You might try increasing the velocity of the strings. I've found that actually makes them sound more legato in louder passages.

Hope it helps.

R. Pearl

Re: Little song probs with string

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Saldor,

You might try increasing the velocity of the strings. I've found that actually makes them sound more legato in louder passages.

Hope it helps.

R. Pearl
    Hi,

Hmm thanks I will try, but as for choice of violon are those ok ? I am not sure when to use the lush , or when to use the plr in a songs really. Thats my real prob I think

Go Back to forum