• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Question about GOS2 in GPOA

Share/Bookmark

Question about GOS2 in GPOA

Hello everybody!

I am going to buy GPO next month and upgrade to GPOA as soon as it is released. I have no doubt I'm going to do it (I'm 100% sure Gary is going to release a superb product). I haven't got any orchestral library yet, and don't plan to use anything out of Garritan's products (I would like to purchase Stradivari Solo and JABB too).

I have readed in this forum that GOS2 is part of GPOA, and my question is: will it be a "lite" version of the actual GOS? How many articulations can we expect to see (more, less, the same)? And, what about the brass? I know there are some samples from Project SAM. Are they going to have that "Hollywood sound" a lot people want? I really love how GPO sounds. I have been amazed listening to demos form DPDan, beach, and others, but I would like to hear something in the line of Bill Brown (Raven Shield, Ghost Recon...) who is my favorite composer, to hear its capabilities in that style of music.

I know Gary is too busy wth JABB and the other releases, so if someone could answer, I would be pleased.

Thanks in advance. You are all a great community!!

(Please, forgive me for my bad English. You can correct me if you want. I know I do a lot of mistakes)

-Dani-

Re: Question about GOS2 in GPOA

Quote Originally Posted by ZareOne
    Hello everybody!
    Hi there!

I have readed in this forum that GOS2 is part of GPOA, and my question is: will it be a "lite" version of the actual GOS? How many articulations can we expect to see (more, less, the same)?
    Is that an interesting question, isn't it? Come on, folks! Let's do some rumors...

You are all a great community!!
    Think so! Very kind and experienced. A good place to be.

Regards

Rumors? Who said rumors? I like rumors - bring'em on!

Sorry, this isn't my mother tongue... She's still using it

I also like to steal

GPOA YAYAYAYAAA! Did Someone SAY GPOA!! WHOOHOOO!!!
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Man.... that GPOA sure would be nice for me here in Grad school. I see symphonic band pieces in my head......

Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

I want to say it's the full GOS2, but that's what I want to say. I REALLY want to say it and have it be true. Of course, that's gonna be a HUGE load on the memory. I'm not sure if the SAM brass has that 'hollywood' sound, but I imagine you can EQ it or something to make it more 'hollywood' sounding.

While on the subject of GPOA, will there be as complete a saxophone section as JABB? That'd be SOOOO cool to have that many saxes!!! I can start writing saxophone (sixteen)tetts. If not...oh well. I just can't wait to do a full sized orchestra enseamble built with pizz and the whole works!!!

Can't wait can't wait!!
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Sorry, this isn't my mother tongue... She's still using it
    That's a good joke!! hehehe

I know the current GPO is great, but some people says it lacks in some aspects, like brass and string articulations. Do you people think the GPOA could be our MAIN library? (Not for sketches, but for really serious work) I hope it will be, and maybe in the future, as I start making some decent music, I could complement it with Opus 1, for example.

I really like thinking about GPOA as the backbone of my music productions. Anyway, I must learn to walk before go running, so GPO is more than enough for a beginner like me.

I would like to see what your expectations about GPOA are.

Thanks for so many replies! As mixolydian said: This is a good place to be!

-Dani-

GPOA, from what I hear, will be more than capable of producing extremely realistic music. I can't WAIT!!!!

-Chris

Go Back to forum