• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cant' get Kontakt 2 working in SX3

Share/Bookmark

Cant' get Kontakt 2 working in SX3

I am having a lot of difficulty getting Kontakt 2 VST Instrument working. When I load it into SX3 I get the following message:

"Cannot allocate DFD memory (Not enough memory available!) Audio engine will be stopped. Kontakt does load after this but crashes Cubase as soon as I play any notes.

This happens every time I try it. I have 2.5Gb of RAM so there is plenty of memory. Is it likely that having more than 2Gb of RAM would cause this, anyone else had the same problem

I know that the East West Kompakt players give me a similar message when i load them up, but work fine regardless.

My system specs are: Dell Dimension 8300 P4 3Ghz, 2.5Gb RAM, Seperate 10,000K Raptor drive for samples, Cubase SX3.02 Kontakt 2.02 + various other VST instruments.

Thanks,

Ben

Re: Cant' get Kontakt 2 working in SX3

Ben --

You didn't say if you can load other VSTi's.

I've had not special problem in loading K2 on SX2 [I've not yet upgraded] but I'd be extremely surprised.

You might try posting you query here on the Cubase forum for speedier response. (Apparently there are few, if any, Native Instruments monitoring this.)

i hope this helps .. KevinKauai

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had any problems loading other VSTi's, in fact my system has been pretty stable otherwise. Perhaps I'll try reinstalling Kontakt from scratch in case something has been corrupted.

Are you running Kontakt on a the external hardrive?

I have the actual Kontakt plugin dll on my c drive in the vst plugins folder. The sample library is installed on my second hard drive. It's not an external drive though, just a second drive in my pc!

For now I seem to have fixed the problem by taking out some memory so that my system has 2gb instead of 2.5gb. I'd be interested to know if anyone has success running kontakt 2 with more than 2gb of ram.

Quote Originally Posted by ben91082
    I have the actual Kontakt plugin dll on my c drive in the vst plugins folder. The sample library is installed on my second hard drive. It's not an external drive though, just a second drive in my pc!

For now I seem to have fixed the problem by taking out some memory so that my system has 2gb instead of 2.5gb. I'd be interested to know if anyone has success running kontakt 2 with more than 2gb of ram.
    I seem to have it running okay with 3 GB's of ram in a Dell (jeez, I forget the model).

Are you trying to run it with DFD on or off?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by ben91082

This is the reply that I got from NI regarding my BSOD problems:

please make sure, K 2.0.2 is installed.

disable hyperthreading in the bios.

try with less than 2gb ram.

one of these things should be it.
    In actual fact I fixed it (so far) by removing the update.

D

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1

Are you trying to run it with DFD on or off?

jeffn1
    DFD is on, pretty much the default settings. It was crashing when I had loaded just one instrument. Windows Task Manager said I had loads of memory spare.

Maybe set plugin to "old behaviour"

I doubt it will work, but its worth a shot!

Hummm, I don't know about Dell, but all the computers I've had required matched memory sticks. Right now I'm running a P4 3.2 gighz with 4 slots and I think 2.5 gig ram would require a mismatch.

Not exactly sure on this though.

T.S.

Go Back to forum