• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Topic: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    We will be adding new products soon and wanted your input as to the structure of this forum.We have also been growing, averaging 170 to 200 posts per day in the Garritan forum and the numbers are expected to increase considerably.

    In the weeks ahead the Jazz & Big Band library will be released. Would you like to see a separate subforum for jazz and big band, or keep it included in General discussion?

    Also, there are many Finale, Sibelius, Overture and other notation program users. Do you think a separate Notation category would be helpful?

    It's great to be in one cozy place, but someimes posts will disappear to page two before they are seem. Do you favor more categories and how would you like to see this forum structured?

    TIA,

    Gary Garritan

  2. #2
    Senior Member newmewzikboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: New Categories fo the Forum? We need your input.

    How about an off topic section?

    Different product categories makes sense:
    GPO
    GPOA
    JABB
    Notation
    Composition
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

  3. #3

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    I think a separate notation section is a good idea. I could go either way on the product divisions.

    Another idea would be to separate the forum by personality types and points of view. Kind of like red and blue states. NMB could have his very own forum!

  4. #4

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    Separate forums for GPO and JABB for sure.

  5. #5
    Senior Member newmewzikboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoffman
    ...NMB could have his very own forum!
    If a NMB screamed in his forum, would anyone see the forest?
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

  6. #6

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    Let's split the forum up into our religious beliefs! Just kidding!!

    I think we already tend to use the "General Discussion" as more general than even GPO. In other words, if we have something off-topic to share with GPO users, we share it there. So I don't think we really need another "General Discussion" for JABB, but instead just make "General Discussion" universal for all Garritan products.

    But I don't think we really need a strictly "Off-Topic" subforum, as Northern Sounds already has one, and things that are way off-topic (e.g. political, religious discussions) should stay there.

    As for the Demo section, you could create a separate one for JABB, but then it might get confusing to decide which section to post a demo that uses both GPO and JABB, so you could keep the demo section universal as well.

    I think a seperate subforum for "Garritan products and Notation" would be a good idea!

    Also, prior to the upcoming libraries, people always have questions about what they will be like, so perhaps you could also create a "Future products" subforum, which might allow people to easily see questions that have already been answered before asking them again.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  7. #7

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    Quote Originally Posted by newmewzikboy
    If a NMB screamed in his forum, would anyone see the forest?
    Oh, have some more locusts, ya freak!

  8. #8
    Senior Member rwayland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    California Redwoods
    Posts
    2,932

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Let's split the forum up into our religious beliefs! Just kidding!!

    I think we already tend to use the "General Discussion" as more general than even GPO. In other words, if we have something off-topic to share with GPO users, we share it there. So I don't think we really need another "General Discussion" for JABB, but instead just make "General Discussion" universal for all Garritan products.

    But I don't think we really need a strictly "Off-Topic" subforum, as Northern Sounds already has one, and things that are way off-topic (e.g. political, religious discussions) should stay there.

    As for the Demo section, you could create a separate one for JABB, but then it might get confusing to decide which section to post a demo that uses both GPO and JABB, so you could keep the demo section universal as well.

    I think a seperate subforum for "Garritan products and Notation" would be a good idea!

    Also, prior to the upcoming libraries, people always have questions about what they will be like, so perhaps you could also create a "Future products" subforum, which might allow people to easily see questions that have already been answered before asking them again.

    Well, Sean, I do believe you've got it. You expressed my opinion before I did.

    Aside: I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Are there still Waylands in Culpepper County, my ancestral home 2 generations back?

    Richard

  9. #9

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    Gary,

    I think that it would be great if you would prevail upon the operator of this site to put more message listings on PAGE ONE, on all of the forums, so that messages don't scroll to PAGE TWO so quickly! Also, some of the forums have so many "Stickies" that there isn't much room left for messages!

    Thanks,

    LGA
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Hurricane place
    Posts
    276

    Re: New Categories for the Forum? We need your input.

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Gary,

    I think that it would be great if you would prevail upon the operator of this site to put more message listings on PAGE ONE, on all of the forums, so that messages don't scroll to PAGE TWO so quickly! Some of the forums have so many "Stickies" that there isn't much room left for messages!

    Thanks,

    LGA
    Good idea. I have trouble keeping up with demos because so many come thru that they get buried so fast. It is hard to keep up unless you visit the page every hour
    Possible suggestion not to be taken too literal
    Demos: JABB,GPO, GOS and mixture of all or other libraries sub catagories?
    Robert Davis

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •