• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hurricane Katrina - Be Safe Gulf Coast Members

Share/Bookmark

Hurricane Katrina - Be Safe LA/MS/AL Gulf Coast Members

Watching on the news it's frightening to see the intensity and potential devastation of Hurricane Katrina heading towards the Louisiana/ Mississippi/ Alabama coast in the US. Now a category 5 hurricane with winds of 175MPH and excpected wave surges of 20-30 feet.

Hoping the our members in the area have moved to higher ground to ride out the storm and that no harm comes to them, their loved ones or their property.

Stay safe and, if you are able, let us know that you all made it through this safely. If anyone needs help during the aftermath, let us know.

All of you in the path of Katrina, please take care of yourselves!

Gary Garritan

Re: Hurricane Katrina - Be Safe LA/MS/AL Gulf Coast Members

Im on the Gulf of San Francisco...I hope I will be alright too!
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Re: Hurricane Katrina - Be Safe Gulf Coast Members

Whew, that's looking like quite a storm!

My best to all on the gulf coast. May you stay safe.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Uh.... I hope anyone in New Orleans is out. It is really looking bad for the Big Easy.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Extra special prayers for all our members in the area . Be safe!
    Styxx

I have read some of the scenarios on what could happen if this sucker hits New Orleans directly as a Category 4 or 5 and this is REAL bad. I am sure most everyone is out. I heard 10,000 are going to ride it out in the Superdome. That may not be a good idea because of all of the chemical plants on the coast. Perhaps it will weaken?
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

On the news it said up to 160 mph winds. We don't understand the meaning of that in this country. Good will and good luck to all in that area and keep safe and well and we hope it passes over soon. Best wishes from all here.

Hi all. My name is Brian, and I am a new member here at the northern sounds forum. I just set up my new computer with GPO that I got from the group buy and I love it! I'll talk more about that in another thread. I put my first post here because I am a meteorology major at SUNY Albany (can you tell by my user name?) I do music as my big hobby though. Hey, I can be the chief forecaster of the Garritan Personal Weather Service!

Anyway, to update you on Katrina, it made landfall at 710 AM EDT in southeastern Louisiana and again just this past hour on the Mississippi/Louisiana border, both times as a category 4 hurricane (131mph+ winds.) It will continue to head north and weaken, but will dump loads of rain on the
    Tennessee and Ohio river valleys. To echo the rest of the members: everyone be safe, and best wishes.

I hope to have fun participating at these forums, and I'll talk to you later.

-Brian

Thumbs up Re: Hurricane Katrina - Be Safe Gulf Coast Members

Quote Originally Posted by AtmosMan
    Hi all. My name is Brian, and I am a new member here at the northern sounds forum. I just set up my new computer with GPO that I got from the group buy and I love it! I'll talk more about that in another thread. I put my first post here because I am a meteorology major at SUNY Albany (can you tell by my user name?) I do music as my big hobby though. Hey, I can be the chief forecaster of the Garritan Personal Weather Service!

Anyway, to update you on Katrina, it made landfall at 710 AM EDT in southeastern Louisiana and again just this past hour on the Mississippi/Louisiana border, both times as a category 4 hurricane (131mph+ winds.) It will continue to head north and weaken, but will dump loads of rain on the
    Tennessee and Ohio river valleys. To echo the rest of the members: everyone be safe, and best wishes.

I hope to have fun participating at these forums, and I'll talk to you later.

-Brian
    Welcome Brian and fellow New Yorker to the forum. I'm right across from you in Buffalo. Congrats on your purchase of one of if not the finest orchestra library around! I trust we shall be hearing a demo from you soon?
    Thank you for the news on the hurricane!
    Styxx

Well my wife and I evacuated Houston. The govenor has said not to return. We feel blessed to alive

Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Go Back to forum