• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano release mode script

Share/Bookmark

Piano release mode script

Does anyone know where I can find a script for Kontakt 2 that does piano release mode? This is the feature available in Gigastudio that allows you to 'catch' a note with the pedal after you've released the key.

Re: Piano release mode script

Quote Originally Posted by cmwck
    Does anyone know where I can find a script for Kontakt 2 that does piano release mode? This is the feature available in Gigastudio that allows you to 'catch' a note with the pedal after you've released the key.
    You mean if you release the key and then very quickly press the sustain pedal, there is some sound but it is slightly dampened, correct? Is this the effect you're looking for?

That would be tough, I think, to make sound natural because you'd have to guesstimate the volume that the release sample (or release part of the envelope) was at and quickly fade in a pedal down sample that you then guesstimated to be roughly equal in volume to where the release sample was at the time of the sustain pedal press. It's feasible, but perhaps difficult to pull off convincingly.

fizbin

Go Back to forum