• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL, Kontakt and Logic 5.5 PC - please help

Share/Bookmark

VSL, Kontakt and Logic 5.5 PC - please help

Hi,

perhaps slightly off topic, but I recently purchased the VSL Opus 1 and 2 libraries with the Kontakt license. I cannot for the life of me get the performance tool working with Logic 5.5 (PC) and Kontakt v1.5.3

I have followed the pdf the VSL provides but I can't figure out how to select an individual 'midi in' for an instrument - Logic seems to have a global midi in. I either get no response, or loopbacks, and have had no success either using Kontakt as a VST instrument, or in stand alone mode.

I have posted on the VSl forums (http://vsl.co.at/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5984) and Christian, the moderator has suggested that channel splitting the midi input within Logic might be necessary?

I am completely out of my depth and feel like I have only half the functionality of the libraries - the performance tool and legato sets ARE the vsl libraries

It could also be a Kontakt and Logic 5.5 thing because I remembered a conversation with Tom Hopkins, chief programmer for Garritan Personal orchestra, that there are big problems with GPO and Logic 5.5 PC (again, this was discovered *after* purchase ) . GPO is based on Kontakt, so perhaps the problems I am having are not unique?

I feel like I've followed the system requirements of VSl to the letter, but fear that to use the Perf Tool with Kontakt you need Logic 6+ (mac) or another sequencer like Cubase for the PC.

Any assistance anyone could offer would be most appreciated!

Cheers

Brett

Re: VSL, Kontakt and Logic 5.5 PC - please help

You should post your question here:

http://community.sonikmatter.com/forums/index.php?

You're bound to get more responses.

My best advice would be to consider investing in Logic 7, it's a much better program than 5.5
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Re: VSL, Kontakt and Logic 5.5 PC - please help

Midphase, good one. Will post to sonikmatter. The more forums the better I suppose

I have Logic 5.5 PC, and would love to upgrade to 7 but am not prepared to buy a mac. I guess that means I'm off to cubase in the next year or so. Too many of these sorts of problems with 5.5 (GPO, RMX issues, now VSL Perf Tool and Kontakt)

But if anyone is still using Logic 5.5 PC and trying to get the VSL Perf Tool and Kontakt to play, please let me know if you've found the solution.

Cheers

Brett

Go Back to forum