• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demo Posting Question

Share/Bookmark

Question Demo Posting Question

Don't take this seriously - this is just a topic starter

I have been listening to and admiring everyone's demos and constructive responses and I was curious what makes you respond or not respond to a demo.

Do you respond if it immediately evokes an emotion? Do you respond because you know you can offer specific support to a problem you hear? Do you just enjoy listening to the posts and feel like a response is/is not necessary? Are you just trying to reach that 1 millionth post so "Good Job!" will get you closer?

Obviously, if everyone responded to every demo it would be chaos! I am just curious. I am the emotional responder as if you couldn't tell.
    Cheers!
    Paula

Remember to Play www.thepunkduck.com

Re: Demo Posting Question

I listen to as many demos as I can and respond when I have time. I have a great interest in every ones music and admire all the talent there in, of, with ... have, ahhhhhgggg!
    I haven't heard a demo I didn't like yet! Then again, I've been waiting for one demo in particular with the notion that it's greatness will finally cause me to relieve my inner examinations.
    Emotional most of the time.
    Styxx

I don't visit the demo section often for purpose of download times, but whenever I do I am simply amazed. I post a response if I have any comment at all. If I like it and have no suggestions, I say 'good job'. I'd consider myself a begginner in terms of composition, so I reall can't comment much. I post comments from a begginner's perspective. If everyone did post comments, then the writer of the demo would get feedback from all perspectives and that would be good. I have a feeling I'm going around in circles here. YOU GET WHAT I MEAN!!!

So I reply with comments to pretty much every demo I listen to. Every piece of music deserves many comments. You can't have a piece that doesn't have comments unless it's perfect...to the listener. Lots of stuff sounds perfect to me because my ear isn't trained what to listen for yet.

So those are my random thoughts.

-Chris

EDIT: Styxx!! You changed your avatar again!!!!! It's very confusing to us simple-minded folks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll
    Don't take this seriously - this is just a topic starter

I have been listening to and admiring everyone's demos and constructive responses and I was curious what makes you respond or not respond to a demo.

Do you respond if it immediately evokes an emotion? Do you respond because you know you can offer specific support to a problem you hear? Do you just enjoy listening to the posts and feel like a response is/is not necessary? Are you just trying to reach that 1 millionth post so "Good Job!" will get you closer?

Obviously, if everyone responded to every demo it would be chaos! I am just curious. I am the emotional responder as if you couldn't tell.

Well, I don't listen to as many demos as I would like, because streaming is impossible here, and download is flakey at best. It can take me anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours to upload a 3 minute piece. So my opportunities for responding are rather limited. But I try to get a few words off on anything I listen to here. It is nice to hear that your music has been listened to with sufficient attention that it suggests a response. Nearly everything here is pretty good, there just is not time to listen and respond to as much as I would like. However, since I get my share of pleasant to read comments, I feel that I should take some time now and then to let somebody know how I appreciate their music, and sometimes, (not on this site) to give a few helpful suggestions.

I listen to as many as possible but only comment on a few. I would like to comment on much more but besides the time factor, there is the dial-up problem. I download music (demos) but do not listen to them until 2-3+ days later and there is a problem going back and matching the thread with the music.

But I really appreciate all the demos here. The variety of musical styles is astounding.

YBaCuO

It is Cool place to listen to your creative music. I'm mostly interested on the melody composition and mixing to learn how other people do to get best sounding especially on the Acoustic/Concert Piano.
    Thanks everyone who are in the contribution. May be in future I will share my tunes here, but don't have high expectation...

I listen to as many as I can, and respond when I have something to say. Sometimes the poster is asking for advice/criticism on how well it was sequenced - I'm so new at this, that I wouldn't have much to say, and even that would be of little help. Many times the work in question is of a style with which I am unfamiliar -such as "game music"; likewise (although I do watch films) I really don't know the conventions of movie cues. Other times a work doesn't grab me - I don't want to post a negative "I didn't like it..." meassage. This is such a supportive group, I don't want to hurl a negative bomb into the mix - I think, in this case, better to be silent. And lastly, there are times I really don't know what to say - and posting a message that says ??? seems rude.
    Put me in the emotional listening category.

R. Pearl

Go Back to forum