• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone buy Halion String 2?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone buy Halion String 2?

Any thoughts on Halion String 2 yet?

Re: Anyone buy Halion String 2?

I never liked the sound of these strings.
    I have heard the demos String 2. I don`know why Steinberg has build this. There are so many real good Strings outside...
    For Popmusic it sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Anton Bruckner
    I never liked the sound of these strings.
    I have heard the demos String 2. I don`know why Steinberg has build this. There are so many real good Strings outside...
    For Popmusic it sounds nice.

I don't think Steinberg has posted any audio demos of Halion String Edition Vol.2, They just have a Video trailer at this time. so, I wonder how you came to this fast conclusion in evaluating this library.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you, we do need more, and better quality string libraries, yes there are "some" NOT "many" good string libraries currently available, and as far as I am concerned, some are just good, very few can be considered very good, and I would comfortably say that none is even close to excellent.

More development and focus is badly needed in the area of orchestal strings.

Steinberg has a very good reason to give this area of sampling another try, why not, maybe Vol 1 was not that good, but Vol 2 might be able to fix all the issues, and produce a very nice collection of high-quality, playable, and flexible stirngs, they are 24 bit, with the natural acoutics of the hall, so.. I would not rush to evaluate a new comer like this, let's wait and hear, then we can judge.

Producing String libraries is probably the most difficult, and demanding, plus it is quite costly, so that would be one of the main reasons that there are not that many good ones available.

A company like Steinberg, who is currently owned by Yamaha, has a good chance of improving our current selection of choices for strings, and I would encourage them to focus on strings, and improve it even further with a Vol 3 !

Where's the video at?

I'm looking for really good pop strings. Unfortunately I haven't heard any sample library come anywhere close yet.

I am looking forward to seeing what improvements have been made to the section strings and how good the solo ones are also. At the moment I use HALION Strings 1 all the time, and often layer them with Kirk Hunter's Solo Strings.

Here is the link to video demo:
    http://www.steinberg.de/quicktime/HA...on_2_Video.mov
    I still don`t like the demo, sorry.
    I didn`t say that we have enough String librarys.
    I don`t think Yamaha was involved in this project. It is true, they would have done it better.
    It woud be better Steinberg build cool thinks like a virtual Orchestrator, like the rest of there virtual band.
    But I think Wizzoo and Hans Zimmer will do it.

Go Back to forum