• Register
  • Help

Topic: Forest music and main

Share/Bookmark

Forest music and main

Hi,

This is a music I did yesterday, if you have comments on the orchestration or anything I would be glad to hear it ! This is a music I created for a little game I am making and this one will be when you enter the forest. Its not done also.

The second on is for my main menu. Not done also.

http://www.rentgame.ca/song/forest1.mp3
    http://www.rentgame.ca/song/main.mp3

Re: Forest music and main

I really like the forest track. Mainly because it is mysterious and yet full of adventure and lure. Makes me think of when I first played Zelda back in the day.

The Main menu tune is very good as well. I like the tune. The only technical thing that sticks out to me is the abrupt ending of the brass at 0:18.

Sounds good.

Keith.

Thanks for the comments!

Ya I loved the Zelda music and FF style. Thats probably what I was inspired by even to I dont even remember it now ! ;p But I like those style of music and wish to make most of my music that way. Well with a better orchestration etc.. but that will come with pratice.

I have the same music influences. I was a huge FF and Zelda fan too. I play some of the music now and it is timeless. The sound quality is poor, but the ideas and melodies are great.

Keith.

Hey Saldor,

Nice tracks. A few comments about them:

Forest: Good choice for flute lead, lends the charecteristics of a traditional forest setting. Flute is a little too busy for the mystery. Be careful of the "Alberti bassline", it can quickly smother the possible creative avenues that a song can take, use this bassline sparingly for specific parts and it will greatly enhance the track. Keep working on it I hear excellent potential.

Main: This is a tough one. Tough because I cant' see the games title that your making it for. My first inclination when hearing it is that its not for a title screen but more body and meat/potatoes/trailer. I love the middle movement of the piece. It really grabbed me and pulled me in. Nice job on this track. Would love to hear it when its finished.
    "I am the genius of me"

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt
    Hey Saldor,

Nice tracks. A few comments about them:

Forest: Good choice for flute lead, lends the charecteristics of a traditional forest setting. Flute is a little too busy for the mystery. Be careful of the "Alberti bassline", it can quickly smother the possible creative avenues that a song can take, use this bassline sparingly for specific parts and it will greatly enhance the track. Keep working on it I hear excellent potential.

Main: This is a tough one. Tough because I cant' see the games title that your making it for. My first inclination when hearing it is that its not for a title screen but more body and meat/potatoes/trailer. I love the middle movement of the piece. It really grabbed me and pulled me in. Nice job on this track. Would love to hear it when its finished.

Hi thanks for the comments,

What is the "Alberti bassline" ? (I have no course in music btw)

Hi keith,

Nice I dont see often ppl who still like Zelda FF type those little melody I love them, do you have some work I could listen to? I am really new still to this

Go Back to forum