• Register
  • Help

Topic: Do I Really Need to Upgrade Dound Card for GPO?

Share/Bookmark

Do I Really Need to Upgrade Sound Card for GPO?

I was thinking - Do I really need a better sound card (presently using Audiophile 24/96) for my "on-the-way-just-ordered" GPO since there is no mic or preamp involved with using GPO?

I have an AT4040 for my acoustic and son's real flute and I hope I can get my daughter to use the GPO Piano patch from my Fatar keyboard.

Thanks - just trying to save some money!!!

Re: Do I Really Need to Upgrade Dound Card for GPO?

you should be fine
    you should already be in overkill
    75,000th Post Winner on the Garritan Forum
    "Don't you wish you were me?"

Quote Originally Posted by AVBunyan
    I was thinking - Do I really need a better sound card (presently using Audiophile 24/96) for my "on-the-way-just-ordered" GPO since there is no mic or preamp involved withi using GPO?

Thanks - just trying to save some money!!!
    I used to have one of these, and aside from some occasional issues with their drivers things worked pretty well. I would say that if you are just using softsynths it should work well for you too.

When you need something better is a more difficult question to answer without more specifics about what you are trying to accomplish, but if you are anything like me, you'll know when you need more.

Quote Originally Posted by johnpinker
    I used to have one of these, and aside from some occasional issues with their drivers things worked pretty well. I would say that if you are just using softsynths it should work well for you too.
    I have an AT4040 for my acoustic and son's real flute and I hope I can get my daughter to use the GPO Piano patch while playing my Fatar keyboard. That being said, since only the acoustic and an occasional voice will use the preamp and card it appears I might be OK sine most of my work will be GPO.

Thanks

Go Back to forum