• Register
  • Help

Topic: What the GD heck is a ...

Share/Bookmark

Talking What the GD heck is a ...

"Convertible Tuba"? What, ya play the dang thang with the top down? He he, saw them in a catalog and wondered if they come in sport model as well. Hey Martha! I just bought me a 2005 Convertible Tuba complete with 3 nickel plated overhead valves, dual spit valves, ram air mouthpiece, .728" bore, 17 - 1/2" bell, and high gloss lacquer finish! Wanna take it for a spit or two?
    Why there's even a "Convertible Euphonium" model with Gold Brass receiver and 3 nickle plated alloy pistons!
    Lets put the top down and go for a spit!
    Styxx

Re: What the GD heck is a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    "Convertible Tuba"? What, ya play the dang thang with the top down? He he, saw them in a catalog and wondered if they come in sport model as well. Hey Martha! I just bought me a 2005 Convertible Tuba complete with 3 nickel plated overhead valves, dual spit valves, ram air mouthpiece, .728" bore, 17 - 1/2" bell, and high gloss lacquer finish! Wanna take it for a spit or two?
    Why there's even a "Convertible Euphonium" model with Gold Brass receiver and 3 nickle plated alloy pistons!
    Lets put the top down and go for a spit!
    Hello, Styxxworth...

Convertible horns can be used over the shoulder for marching or upright for concert performance.
    Look at the leadpipe--it is rotatable so the horns can be played while marching or sitting.

Too bad Woody Allen didn't have a convertible cello in Take the Money and Run.

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum